No announcement yet.

Need help choosing between PC or Mac??? here ya go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Ffs. Macs work fine for what they do, but do you really care that they have lower levels of PCPs in the wiring, and lower levels of murcury in the screen? The last thing I care about is lowering my carbon footprint by barely anything froma laptop. I have a macbook, and the fact of the matter is I don't give 2 ****s about the aluminum used, it comes wih standard 2GB or ram, and a 160gbHD. You can buy windows based laptops that cost much more, and come with even more of that environmentaly friendly **** ****.

Stick to your bargain basement PC then..........

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
      Get a bad ass PC and install Linux.... 10X better than Mac...

I love you Linux.....
      Thats the bond that keeps us together my friend. You should also set up an OSx86 machine. OSX is just like linux, except everything costs money.

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
        Once the Zune HD comes out, Ipods and ITouch will be obsolete...

Shame on you, did you not learn anything from the xbox? Microsoft can't compete any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat View Post
          Stick to your bargain basement PC then..........
          Lmao, like I told you I have both, and when it comes to entertainment, the PC is better, has a bigger screen, better graphics card, is in HD, and I can watch blu-rays on it. I do work on my mac, and store important files in it.

Comment

I've had my Macbook for 4 years and have never had a virus or any problems at all

Comment

Originally posted by roheleo View Post
              Im almost sure, wait im positive I make a hella of lot more money than you do and i would never buy a mac. Just goes to show you how ignorant and stupid people who buy macs are. They actually think price means something you should take some business classes my friend. YOu need it bad!
              Oh, you mean like how you refinanced your house to buy a car? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                Lmao, like I told you I have both, and when it comes to entertainment, the PC is better, has a bigger screen, better graphics card, is in HD, and I can watch blu-rays on it. I do work on my mac, and store important files in it.

People keep on going on about Blu-ray but really it will obsolete before it even picks up like DVD's did.

Nowadays people have the options of downloading films and storing them on solid state media like usb sticks, by the time blu-ray is even near getting popular these types of media will have surpassed it for convenience and flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Breakbeat View Post
                  People keep on going on about Blu-ray but really it will obsolete before it even picks up like DVD's did.

Nowadays people have the options of downloading films and storing them on solid state media like usb sticks, by the time blu-ray is even near getting popular these types of media will have surpassed it for convenience and flexibility.
                  do you usually talk jibberish?

Blu-ray disc sales are up 91 percent so far this year
                  , with player sales up 25 percent, so that there's around 11 million Blu-ray players in the US, including PS3s. What up haters??? Right? Right?

Well, at least half of those 11 million Blu-ray players are PS3s, which had a US install base of 5.7 million in December, meaning slightly less than half are standalone players. Nearly 75 percent of units are BD-Live compatible. Lopping off the 50 percent that are PS3s, that means roughly half of the standalone players in the US are BD-Live players, so they're relatively recent purchases.

More to the point, that means a lot of them are Blu-ray players that do a lot more than Blu-ray, like Netflix—not to mention the PS3. So Blu-ray numbers might be up, but it's on the backs of people who have short attention spans and post-$199 players, which is exactly what Blu-ray's backers didn't want.

Oh yeah, DVD? Five million players sold in the second quarter of 2009. As in three months ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blu-ray Sales Up 91%

Posted July 16, 2009 01:50 PM by Josh Dreuth

Blu-ray Disc A recent report from the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) shows that sales of Blu-ray titles during the first six months of the year are up 91% - to $407M - compared to the first half of 2008. The increase in title sales has also affected sales of Blu-ray players, which are up 25% from the same period last year to 2M units.

Ron Sanders, President of Warner Home Video and the DEG, commented, "Despite an extraordinarily challenging marketplace, the home entertainment sector continues to be remarkably stable overall, particularly with the growth of higher-margin businesses like Blu-ray Disc..."

Sanders also noted that studio operating profits have sustained minimal downturn during these hard economical times due to the greater revenue generated by Blu-ray sales versus standard DVD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blu-ray detractors and backers, here's the latest status report on the format:

According to Adams Media Research, about 9 million Blu-ray discs sold in the U.S. from January through March--up from 4.8 million units sold in the first quarter of last year.

As Bill Hunt over at The Digital Bits says, those numbers are particularly good considering the ongoing recession and the relatively weak title slate early in the year. He adds that the overall rollout for the format is slightly behind DVD "due to the recession," but ahead of VHS.

Adams is also reporting that there are 10.5 million Blu-ray "households." That figure includes both standalone Blu-ray players and Blu-ray-enabled PlayStation 3s.

Here's what I think: With cheaper Blu-ray players on the way and a better slate of Blu-ray discs on tap for later this year, the format's future appears relatively bright. But detractors will surely point to the high price of Blu-ray discs, as well as improvements in digital downloads and streaming services as continued stumbling blocks.
                  Last edited by DaTrooth; 08-30-2009, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by roheleo View Post
                    do you usually talk jibberish?

Blu-ray disc sales are up 91 percent so far this year
                    , with player sales up 25 percent, so that there's around 11 million Blu-ray players in the US, including PS3s. What up haters??? Right? Right?

Well, at least half of those 11 million Blu-ray players are PS3s, which had a US install base of 5.7 million in December, meaning slightly less than half are standalone players. Nearly 75 percent of units are BD-Live compatible. Lopping off the 50 percent that are PS3s, that means roughly half of the standalone players in the US are BD-Live players, so they're relatively recent purchases.

More to the point, that means a lot of them are Blu-ray players that do a lot more than Blu-ray, like Netflix—not to mention the PS3. So Blu-ray numbers might be up, but it's on the backs of people who have short attention spans and post-$199 players, which is exactly what Blu-ray's backers didn't want.

Oh yeah, DVD? Five million players sold in the second quarter of 2009. As in three months ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blu-ray Sales Up 91%

Posted July 16, 2009 01:50 PM by Josh Dreuth

Blu-ray Disc A recent report from the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) shows that sales of Blu-ray titles during the first six months of the year are up 91% - to $407M - compared to the first half of 2008. The increase in title sales has also affected sales of Blu-ray players, which are up 25% from the same period last year to 2M units.

Ron Sanders, President of Warner Home Video and the DEG, commented, "Despite an extraordinarily challenging marketplace, the home entertainment sector continues to be remarkably stable overall, particularly with the growth of higher-margin businesses like Blu-ray Disc..."

Sanders also noted that studio operating profits have sustained minimal downturn during these hard economical times due to the greater revenue generated by Blu-ray sales versus standard DVD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blu-ray detractors and backers, here's the latest status report on the format:

According to Adams Media Research, about 9 million Blu-ray discs sold in the U.S. from January through March--up from 4.8 million units sold in the first quarter of last year.

As Bill Hunt over at The Digital Bits says, those numbers are particularly good considering the ongoing recession and the relatively weak title slate early in the year. He adds that the overall rollout for the format is slightly behind DVD "due to the recession," but ahead of VHS.

Adams is also reporting that there are 10.5 million Blu-ray "households." That figure includes both standalone Blu-ray players and Blu-ray-enabled PlayStation 3s.

Here's what I think: With cheaper Blu-ray players on the way and a better slate of Blu-ray discs on tap for later this year, the format's future appears relatively bright. But detractors will surely point to the high price of Blu-ray discs, as well as improvements in digital downloads and streaming services as continued stumbling blocks.

These figures are all nice and everything but they cannot hide the fact that people are buying less physical media and downloading more.

Sony shot themselves in the foot with their licensing fees and DRM, they could of made blu-ray even more popular and had a faster uptake of it.

Comment

My macbook pro is pretty cool

Comment

Working...
                      X