Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are u NOT a boxer (not amateur or pro) but HAVE sparred before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    everyone loves kos but it always amazes me when fighters can be right in some ones face and not get hit. I really appreciate guys like Ward. He is a perfectionist and knows how to deal with every situation.

guys like McCallum, Toney, Nunn, whitaker and Locche are the guys I watch and study.

anybody can throw punches, it takes skill to avoid them.
    you appreciate a guy who is willing to hold nonstop to deal with a situation? that's cheating. you appreciate cheating wtf? why doesn't he use his great defense to avoid punhes instead of clamping his opponents?

also you scored floyd-pac for pac then right? it takes great skill to avoid punches and pac avoided floyd's for the most part while floyd couldn't avoid pacs. pac was slipping, blocking, moving, rolling with them while floyd was getting hit flush. good to know you changed your mind.

Comment

I did some amateur boxing while in high school and then in Iraq I sparred when we got bored. I don't think it makes any difference. There are some great trainers that never fought and many that did were mediocre but they still have a great understanding of the sport. Same goes for analysts!

Comment

I dont think ones own abilities should matter in a ring when assessing ones own opinion of any fighter ,ive seen many outlandish claims by pros and fans who never even hit a heavy bag ....at the nd of the day all you need is two eyes and time to study any fighter /match up. Many trainers have never fought before like Cus D'Amato ,i hardly doubt anyone is going to question his knowledge. The best opinions are from guys who have fought the same fighters because you get real comparisons . An opinion is an opinion whether you fought before or not ,if you have it SHOULD make you a better judgement but thats not always the case, and that goes for trainers as well. I could use my in ring and sparring sessions as well but i like to just know all i need is common sense! Ive actually talked to good trainers,some trained amatuer champions who didnt think M.Tyson was technical until i had to break it down to them ,all they saw was a brute and also claimed he had no jab ,which shows lables dont mean much if you cant use your eyes ,everyone has them ,most dont use them.Theres a certain individual on boxing scene that likes to use the " COACH" badge on here and throw his empty weight around to intimidate others or TRY and use it as leverage to belittle ppl ...but i wont mention any names like corso..ooops !

If you have have sparred at least pros that gives much more credibility obviously ......ive sparred Yuri Vaulin /Owen Beck and guys who have fought Wilder and even Klitchko in all out fist fights .I do have toughman contest tournament wins so im not sure where that puts me since its not exactly labled as a record ?

I think this thread is actually a good one maybe even get some posters to walk into a gym just for that .
        I agree with you for the most part. I just have a problem with someone passing judgement on something they know nothing about. Watching a sport doesn't automatically make a person knowledgeable on the technical aspects of the subject.

If people actually had first hand experience with the sport you wouldn't see so many silly threads and comments.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          you appreciate a guy who is willing to hold nonstop to deal with a situation? that's cheating. you appreciate cheating wtf? why doesn't he use his great defense to avoid punhes instead of clamping his opponents?

also you scored floyd-pac for pac then right? it takes great skill to avoid punches and pac avoided floyd's for the most part while floyd couldn't avoid pacs. pac was slipping, blocking, moving, rolling with them while floyd was getting hit flush. good to know you changed your mind.
          you cant take a hint.....i'll just put you back on my ignore list...you are top ten one of the most annoying posters i've seen on here or ESB back in the day.

Damn, you go full ****** in regards to ward and floyd. Go watch them fight before you speak man.

It was funny years ago, now you're just annoying man. Stop quoting my posts with bull

Comment

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
            I just have a problem with someone passing judgement on something they know nothing about. Watching a sport doesn't automatically make a person knowledgeable on the technical aspects of the subject.

If people actually had first hand experience with the sport you wouldn't see so many silly threads and comments.
            That's really what it's about. People throwing out "quitter", saying someone is talentless, lazy, etc. To get to the level that we're actually talking about them on here, a boxer has to be really damned good. Understanding the types of things a fighter experiences in the ring gives an immense amount of perspective and respect.

We've all played basketball, soccer, etc so we think we can understand sports. And, we can. But, boxing is another beast entirely. There is an incredible amount of exhaustion, pain, confusion, and intensity that the non-participant will never possibly understand. At times, the feeling can be likened to the moment when you realize that your car is about to collide with another vehicle.

Comment

It's very obvious who on here has and hasn't been in the ring. The ones who talk like they're godzilla and call fighters cowards, runners etc, are usually fat, four eyed internet warriors, somebody like el blanco for example.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Going to the gym and sparring a little doesn't make you the moral authority lol. It's basically the same as never having boxed at all. I don't get this attitude...it only seems to exist among combat sport fans. Fans of hockey don't have to prove to other fans that they go to the rink.
                Going to a gym and watching how fighters work will definitely change peoples views..and sparring will show you what fighters actually endure

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                  Going to a gym and watching how fighters work will definitely change peoples views..and sparring will show you what fighters actually endure
                  It certainly doesn't stop you from disrespecting fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

Damn man...whats your issue?

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                      It certainly doesn't stop you from disrespecting fighters.
                      I boxed since i was 12 and my 15 year old has been in and out of the gym since he was 8....you barking up the wrong tree son

Comment

Working...
                      X