Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever fight an opponent we really want him to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    Hatton was the biggest fight of the time and it was wanted at fever pitch , Floyd took the fight !

Trouble is you cant please everybody all of the time , and you can NEVER please haters unless you lose .
    cotto was the biggest fight at the time. floyd wanted no part.
    pac was the biggest fight at the time. floyd wanted no part.

is hatton as good as those guys at 147? hmmm clearly not. only fighting certain guys when it suits you is called cherry picking.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      cotto was the biggest fight at the time. floyd wanted no part.
      pac was the biggest fight at the time. floyd wanted no part.

is hatton as good as those guys at 147? hmmm clearly not. only fighting certain guys when it suits you is called cherry picking.
      Hatton vs Floyd was on paper at 147 but in the ring they were JWWs both at 152 ands 153 which is Hattons best fight weight , Hatton wanted 147 so in losing he keeps his 140 title and his trainer said Floyd is so small its not a problem , its all recorded history dude and I kinow you have no clue of weight you just read a number but are you really that thick in the head .

Comment

This entire blog post is one big crock of s...t and has no business on this message board. If Mayweather moved to heavyweight and beat Vitali Klitschko, dumba.sses like the one who wrote this blog would say that he should have fought Wladimir instead.

Comment

that depends. do you want it before or after the fight? because going in ppl were excited for a bunch of his fights, ppl were split for cotto but everyone was up for mosley and dlh just to name a few. until floyd beat them that is, then they were **** fights all along.

some ppl wont be happy until he loses, until then every fight is wrong to them no matter who he fights. i dont see him losing either so for them the answer is no. for unbiased fans, ofcourse. the vast majority of floyds fights are good ones, anyone who isnt blinded by hatred can see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
            Guess you couldn't dig up those pre-fight posts, huh? I'll still wait for you to dig them up so you don't look like a hypocrite. Find some posts where you stated Mayweather shouldn't fight Molsey because he was too old. Show where you argued with those insisting Mayweather was scared of Mosley if he didn't fight him because Mosley was too old.

Sorry dude, but Mosley was all over the place in that interview. You really can't spin that into him being as keen on fighting Mayweather as he was three years later. I never went as far as calling Mosley anything, what I am saying is there was no master plan to wait for Mosley to fade. The chance was there for the fight to happen sooner and it didn't.

Also, things may have been very different if Mayweather had stayed with Top Rank. I've always wondered what the truth was behind Mayweather buying out his contract. I've seen interviews where Arum stated that the money for the De La Hoya fight (which was Mayweather's ultimate target) just wasn't there. They disagreed on guarantees to make certain fights happen (Hatton and Cotto as well as DLH, I believe). I guess Mayweather and Arum had different ideas and it played a part in the Margarito (that and Margarito losing at a crucial time which would've more pressure on had it not happened) fight not happening.

Notice that I didn't bring Pacquiao into this, you did. Pacquiao certainly did not agree to random testing, but blood tests at certain times with a cut off. A legal mediator was brought in to try to settle the testing issue, but it never happened. Pacquiao's camp pronounced the fight dead. As question. If Pacquiao was for more stringent testing, why has he never actually undergone any since, despite numerous fights before his proposed fifth one with Marquez?

Back to Mayweather. He definitely fights for money and to satisfy himself. Can anyone say he's been running a "bum of the month" club? Not really, but has he taken all the fights that fans want to see? No. I've already stated the fights I wanted to see and didn't. Three fights and Mayweather's definitely at least partially at fault for them not happening (especially Pacquiao for being a diva and difficult in negociation post 2009).
            With my current account, you can see that would NOT be possible as it has an April 2010 start date. So the fight was already made and just discussed the fight. I remember mentioning that Mosley's downfall may be his age.

Back in 2006/2007, there were other interviews where Mosley stated that he tried to get Floyd to fight him a few months later and Floyd said NO! There are video clips of Mosley stating so, so you can't say that it didn't happen.

Floyd was with TR when Margarito asked for the fight. Floyd said NO! After being caught cheating, Floyd said "I always knew that there was something wrong with Margarito and for that reason, not to fight him"

Manny: Floyd was never interested. You can ask for testing but Why ACCUSE with no proof a guy that you really want to fight? Doesn't make any sense! If so concerned about fighters who use PEDs, why didn't he do with other fighters? Why didn't he against other known/rumored PED user prior to Manny?

Manny said he would do the tests for Floyd. Floyd then went on vacation or put other roadblocks. That's all you need to know!

Floyd like you said, fights for money. I agree but more importantly, he fights for money where there is lower risk. Perfect example is Manny. Floyd would have made over $100 million on that fight but he said NO!!! So "health" and preserving that "0" is just as important.

Manny was too risky for Floyd. Floyd even said "How can a 106lb fighter walk thru those big WW? Its never been done"

Prefight Floyd SR "Cotto is too big and better boxer than Manny .... Manny fight? Any where anytime!!!"

Post fight Floyd SR spooked "I don't know about a fight. If it was up to me, I would let my son fight Manny"

Floyd's team is smart. They know when to take on their opponents. Again, its about low risk high reward. I have no problem with that but Floyd fans can't then say its not.

Comment

mayweather usually fights the guy who brings the most cash for the least risk. i stopped expecting him to fight the best a long time ago.

Comment

no..because whoever he fights ya'll will claim he ducked someone else

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  Hatton vs Floyd was on paper at 147 but in the ring they were JWWs both at 152 ands 153 which is Hattons best fight weight , Hatton wanted 147 so in losing he keeps his 140 title and his trainer said Floyd is so small its not a problem , its all recorded history dude and I kinow you have no clue of weight you just read a number but are you really that thick in the head .
                  my question was is hatton as good as cotto or pac at 147? i never mentioned their in ring weights or any of that jibberish that you brought up. how is that stuff relevant to my question? who's better at 147 was my question and you didn't answer! because you know the guys floyd avoided were much better than hatton and they were much bigger fights as well. floyd doesn't care about big fights he cares about easy fights.

Comment

Good job Floyd fans.

This thread got ethered.

Comment

• nope. he doesnt have to anymore, we will buy any fight he does cause he has put him self into that position. if we stopped buying these fights (which we aint gonna do) then we will force him into taking some dangerous fights, but as it stands now the answer is NO he doesnt have too

Comment

Working...
                      X