No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
    So I been thinking about Cotto-Mayweather lately, am I the only one who thinks that if Mayweather had turned up the heat he could've gotten Cotto out of there?
    That's the truth for pretty much every fight he's in (Floyd). The problem is.. he doesn't turn it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      Berto still has heart and toughness, cant take that away from him
      it didn't get my vote, but he was in last year's fight of the year, and in another classic last night.

i want to see his next fight if they don't take a tune up. i'd like to see him at 154. he looked drawn at the weigh in, and didn't show the chin he usually shows. he's never had a rock granite chin, but he's taken much bigger punches than the shots that hurt him last night. he's usually more durable.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Andre Berto is honestly one of the most over-hyped fighters in the history of the sport.

He's poor beyond belief.

No style, no defense, no skills, nothing.

he's got balls the size of grapefruits

Guerrero too. great chin on Guerrero as well. can't wait for his next fight, even if i don't think he's a terrific WW.

he'd be a great opponent for maidana, mathysse, garcia, all GPB fighters.
        Last edited by New England; 11-25-2012, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          That's the truth for pretty much every fight he's in (Floyd). The problem is.. he doesn't turn it up.
          i think he would if he could. he didn't learn to fight that way. it's a mentality that's benefitted his boxing. he doesn't look to stop guys. he looks to control them economically and win the rounds.

if he could stop people he'd be an even bigger draw. more money, lol! floyd would if he could

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Balls

I guess so, but he seemed to back way off of Cotto when he stumbled him, in particular

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
              He's the latest in the series entitled "Fast hands = Skills"

See: Zab Judah and Amir Khan.
              Even Zab has some great skill at times, he just struggles to put it together for a whole, hard 12 rounds.

Originally posted by New England View Post
              cosign. that guy is damn good. i'm shocked at how much better he looks in each fight. unreal sharpness. he's a real technician, too. considering how few shots he takes, he'll only get better.

i'd like to see him at 135 for a while. demarco took his shots a lot better than the guys at 130 could. after he settles at 135 he can think about stepping up to 140 or even the right fighter at 147.
              His improvement is amazing actually. Compared to his 12th fight against some guy that lots of people think he lost nearly every round to, though I had it a draw (which I thought was very fair, though you might have been able to give the other guy another round, but not Broner), he has improved dramatically. More than most do in fact.

His style back then was awful. Absolutely awful. It was as amateur as amateur gets. He would spazz out with wild, completely unthinking, useless flurries of punches that had no power, accuracy, purpose or any design to them whatsoever. Very different from now. He was incredibly inaccurate too, which really surprised me. He struggled mightily to land one good, clean punch on this guy, who did not have good defense.

It's shocked me to see how far he's come. I really like him, not as a person, but as a fighter. He's skilled, but fights which is all I want to see. Can't wait to see him truly tested against another good fighter though. Should be soon hopefully, as I doubt he will take much of a backwards step from Demarco.

I'd like to see him in against someone who will push aggressively and awkwardly as DeLeon did to see what type of forward progress he's really made and whether that is just a style he struggles with.

Comment

• Well **** me.

Incredible.

Comment

• I'm close to tears.

Comment

• One ******ed fan base down, two ******ed fan bases to go :cool9:

Poet

Comment

• crazy celebrations in the tartansoldiers home, then a quick "is he dead" look of concern, then more celebrating.

what a night.

Comment

Working...
                      X