No announcement yet.

Who ****ed Floyd's head?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ****ed Floyd's head?

Seriously before 147 this man was throwing some mean punches in bunches. He was accurately landing everything, and throwing some of the greatest combination's ever put together inside of a boxing ring. He's still pretty much landing everything, but it's not as ferocious anymore, and his combinations are seldom seen in his fights. Yes I understand most of you *****s are going to tell me that he's just more cautious, and the overall smarter fighter who doesnt have to throw a lot to win but thats BS. Why did he become so cautious after 140? Yeah you can say it's because he is fighting bigger man in at 147, but Marquez wasn't a bigger man when they fought. And he still fought cautiously potshotting with a minimal punch out. Yes Marquez is a great counter puncher, but Floyd could have let his hands go more. He could have been the first man to KO Mosley, but he didnt. I guess his cautious style annoys me because i know he has the skills to let his hands go more and **** somebody up with less repercussion then an average joe but he seems utterly scared of that one punch. That one punch that in his mind could land and KHTFO.

Nice avi....oh and btw it was your girl who ****ed with floyds head.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dro View Post
      Seriously before 147 this man was throwing some mean punches in bunches. He was accurately landing everything, and throwing some of the greatest combination's ever put together inside of a boxing ring. He's still pretty much landing everything, but it's not as ferocious anymore, and his combinations are seldom seen in his fights. Yes I understand most of you *****s are going to tell me that he's just more cautious, and the overall smarter fighter who doesnt have to throw a lot to win but thats BS. Why did he become so cautious after 140? Yeah you can say it's because he is fighting bigger man in at 147, but Marquez wasn't a bigger man when they fought. And he still fought cautiously potshotting with a minimal punch out. Yes Marquez is a great counter puncher, but Floyd could have let his hands go more. He could have been the first man to KO Mosley, but he didnt. I guess his cautious style annoys me because i know he has the skills to let his hands go more and **** somebody up with less repercussion then an average joe but he seems utterly scared of that one punch. That one punch that in his mind could land and KHTFO.

Smaller man moving up weight classes and losing handspeed and more importantly footspeed in the process. Having less power relative to oppononets. Remember Floyd was considered a very good puncher at 130.

Against JMM, it was a tune up fight after a long-layoff. Floyd himslef conceded he should have thrown more combinations in the fight. So you have a good point there.....but ring rust played a factor.

Against Shane it's silly to be there to get hit....not many fighters who beat Shane threw consistent combos at him...they just jabbed well.

And finally Floyd himself has stated he has gotten more conservative in fights with age as he tends to think about what would happen to his children if he was seriously injured in the ring.

All this = 3 shots max. It would have been great too see him open up some more against Shane.....i think we would have seen that had he not been rocked badly in the second rd.

I think the only time you will see him open up now is when he realises the opponent has no chance of landing anything and he is on top of his game. Even against Gatti he didn't let it all out until he realised Gatti had nothing to offer in return.....then the 5,6,7 punch combos came out.

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
        Smaller man moving up weight classes and losing handspeed and more importantly footspeed in the process. Having less power relative to oppononets. Remember Floyd was considered a very good puncher at 130.

Against JMM, it was a tune up fight after a long-layoff. Floyd himslef conceded he should have thrown more combinations in the fight. So you have a good point there.....but ring rust played a factor.

Against Shane it's silly to be there to get hit....not many fighters who beat Shane threw consistent combos at him...they just jabbed well.

And finally Floyd himself has stated he has gotten more conservative in fights with age as he tends to think about what would happen to his children if he was seriously injured in the ring.

All this = 3 shots max. It would have been great too see him open up some more against Shane.....i think we would have seen that had he not been rocked badly in the second rd.

I think the only time you will see him open up now is when he realises the opponent has no chance of landing anything and he is on top of his game. Even against Gatti he didn't let it all out until he realised Gatti had nothing to offer in return.....then the 5,6,7 punch combos came out.
        true. I think if he ever fought Pac he is going to have to put them together because the pressure will be there all night despite his accurate counter punches.

Comment

*****S FUKED FLOYD UP.......................damn you *****s

Comment

Working...
          X