Comments Thread For: Mercito Gesta-Olusegun Ajose in Play For Late July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gesta must learn how

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Great to see Ajose getting a meaningful fight, I've got him taking this rather handily. In fact its a horrible style match up for Gesta.
    It seems that Gesta's handlers are forcing him to learn how to fight against movers. He better learn fast in finding a way inside. But once inside, this kid can do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by balintawak View Post
      It seems that Gesta's handlers are forcing him to learn how to fight against movers. He better learn fast in finding a way inside. But once inside, this kid can do some damage.
      Gesta had a bunch of useless fights with no point other than to build an undefeated record. His fight with Vazquez was a huge step up. He was hyped and sold for quick money. His foot work is pitiful, but he can cut off a ring if he learns. He has some power and he hasn't taken a beating, from Vazquez for sure. Ajose is no fancy Dan, so this could be fun.

Comment

No, this is not constructive criticism. This is just hate against a decent puncher boxer. I don't know if you haters have noticed Gesta's record, but this is his first loss. This kid's got game and power. He has tasted his first loss against a hit-and-run boxer.

If he doesn't show improvement, by cutting off the ring and finding a way inside, then he may have a problem with the fundamentals, until that time, give the kid some slack and stop justifying your hate - because that's all it is - hate.
        ^^^^^^^^^^All this, *sighs*. Quote me where I said anything that was "hater-like"? Do you or most people even know what "hate" really means? It's means when a person knows that someone is good but personally doesn't like them so they make disparaging comments about them. Got that? I don't like Floyd, Canelo, Rios & others, but I put my personal feelings asided and give credit where it's due. Now, with that out of the way, he just had a title shot & lost miserably (won maybe 2 rounds at best). Is that hate? He can't cut the ring off & he does have problems with fundamentals. Is that hate? Facts are facts. And never did I come out saying anything disrespectful about Gesta, so be easy & take that somewhere else......

BTW again, Ajose will show Gesta the fundamentals & school him - possibly stop him.......

Comment

Solid Fight! I hope Gesta has been working hard to improve, he looked AWFUL against Miguel Vazquez, had no clue how to cut the ring off

Comment

If Gesta wasnt so damn ****y and full of himself and took his fights seriously, i would like him more. Truth is he has a good punch, he is quick when he wants to be, and he has very good potential to learn. Problem is his freaking attitude sucks. The way he mocks the people he is fighting with is embarrasing and he spends more time doing that then actually throwing punches. If he doesnt wake up and realize that being ****y and showboating doesnt win fights, he will get nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Cnota21 View Post
              If Gesta wasnt so damn ****y and full of himself and took his fights seriously, i would like him more. Truth is he has a good punch, he is quick when he wants to be, and he has very good potential to learn. Problem is his freaking attitude sucks. The way he mocks the people he is fighting with is embarrasing and he spends more time doing that then actually throwing punches. If he doesnt wake up and realize that being ****y and showboating doesnt win fights, he will get nowhere.
              He does that against complete bums though.... which is all of his opponents he beat

Comment

Let's see if he learns

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                ^^^^^^^^^^All this, *sighs*. Quote me where I said anything that was "hater-like"? Do you or most people even know what "hate" really means? It's means when a person knows that someone is good but personally doesn't like them so they make disparaging comments about them. Got that? I don't like Floyd, Canelo, Rios & others, but I put my personal feelings asided and give credit where it's due. Now, with that out of the way, he just had a title shot & lost miserably (won maybe 2 rounds at best). Is that hate? He can't cut the ring off & he does have problems with fundamentals. Is that hate? Facts are facts. And never did I come out saying anything disrespectful about Gesta, so be easy & take that somewhere else......

BTW again, Ajose will show Gesta the fundamentals & school him - possibly stop him.......
                OK, let's see if Gesta learns how to deal with pure boxers. I find that the tone on this whole thread is very judgmental on a kid who had had experienced his first loss. The reason he has been garnishing so much attention is because he brings type of fights that fans want to see.

He's a slugger, and he's still on his way up. It's not unusual for sluggers to look bad against a slick boxer - so this kid doesn't deserve all this harsh criticism. Even if he hasn't learned what to do on this next fight against Ajose, it still doesn't mean that he's a bad fighter - as some on this thread is saying - just match him up against Rios and watch the fireworks.

Comment

OK, let's see if Gesta learns how to deal with pure boxers. I find that the tone on this whole thread is very judgmental on a kid who had had experienced his first loss. The reason he has been garnishing so much attention is because he brings type of fights that fans want to see.

He's a slugger, and he's still on his way up. It's not unusual for sluggers to look bad against a slick boxer - so this kid doesn't deserve all this harsh criticism. Even if he hasn't learned what to do on this next fight against Ajose, it still doesn't mean that he's a bad fighter - as some on this thread is saying - just match him up against Rios and watch the fireworks.
                  Welcome to NSB, LOL. But when you put a guy in with fighters he's supposed to beat & he runs through them, he gets hyped up, ex. Berto. Then, when he steps up & fails miserably, he will get trashed, some of it unfairly, and some of it deserved. Thanks to the promotional machine & management teams (who are in bed with each other), we have this mess.

Comment

the Filipino is going to get murdered, Ajose is underrated.

Comment

gesta is a ****ing BUM ....

Comment

Working...
                      X