Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Advisor: UFC not sport, no skill involved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can you say there is no technique in MMA? Thats a stupid comment.

Comment

OK I'm a fan of MMA and respect the ground game of those fighters, but this is hilarious!!!!!

Last edited by Hotsoup; 02-09-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

To say there is no skill involved in MMA, in my opinion, is just Dumb.

Comment

Comment

The ground game involves incredible skill from various forms of martial arts, the stand up - not so much.

Comment

He's not Pacquiao's advisor for a start, that would be Michael Koncz.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                The ground game involves incredible skill from various forms of martial arts, the stand up - not so much.
                Boxing, Kick Boxing, Mauy Thai..... Traditional Martial Arts striking arts such as Wing Chun does not work in MMA....

You can be creative and and try different technniques that are unconventional and unorthodox....

But really MMA striking is consisted of those three areas..... Only guys iv'e seen that use traditional MA style to MMA in are Lyoto Machida and Cung Le...

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                  yah go tell that to Anderson Silva

Last edited by rainmaker89; 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM.

Comment

theres way more skills involved in mma compare to boxing... in mma u have to master the ground game, take down, take down defense, your kicks, your stand up, etc.. as compare to boxing where its all stand up u dont have to worry about getting taken down. choked out, etc....

Comment

I do not know why there is always threads like this I am a Boxing fan and only a boxing fan I do not like mma or any other type of fighting but that does not mean I do not respect it or think it is inferior to Boxing. I dont like mma so I dont talk about it or support it.

Comment

Working...
                      X