Collapse
No announcement yet.

I notice Manny Pacquiao always gets his butt kicked in sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because sparring isn't about winning rounds or looking good. It's about working on different aspects of your game, usually tailored to the opponent you're fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      They show you what they want you to see.

Yo udont see pac destroying his work in sparring because they don't want you to see it.
      Doubt it, Freddie has always been open to let people watch Pac spar, Robert Guerrero even owned him in sparring. Also the Karim Mayfield video which was like 12 minutes long showed Pac look horrible. He just kept getting popped and than would adjust his head gear and trunks.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Because sparring isn't about winning rounds or looking good. It's about working on different aspects of your game, usually tailored to the opponent you're fighting.
        yuuuup

Sparring is like preseason NFL football. The final score is irrelevant. All they're doing is working on new plays, looking at new blood, and just testing & tinkering with ****.

Comment

**** i just owned myself lol
          Last edited by DARKSEID; 08-04-2014, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Sparring is to work some techniques tailored for your upcoming fight. Not to beat the hell out of your sparring partner. Pac in real fight will use his speed in full effect.
            Last edited by straightleft; 08-04-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
              **** i just owned myself lol
              Lyddell Rhodes sparring session he toyed with Pac in the Philppines there is 20 minute footage online that was for the Bradley rematch

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Lyddell Rhodes sparring session he toyed with Pac in the Philppines there is 20 minute footage online that was for the Bradley rematch
                Sparring is not the same as fighting.

Go watch the Ali documentary.

Comment

defense is alot more difficult with headgear, and no, i haven't noticed all these beatings he takes, he definitely takes some big shots, but of the sparring i've seen he gets guys back just as well, the mayfield sparring footage you mention also, mayfield didn't dominate anything, pacquiao actually wobbled also

but again, with headgear headmovement is awkward, and your peripheral is obstructed, the ulatimate style in the amatuers is running, your footspeed becomes your defense

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    We should have ended the thread right here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                      defense is alot more difficult with headgear, and no, i haven't noticed all these beatings he takes, he definitely takes some big shots, but of the sparring i've seen he gets guys back just as well, the mayfield sparring footage you mention also, mayfield didn't dominate anything, pacquiao actually wobbled also

but again, with headgear headmovement is awkward, and your peripheral is obstructed
                      Excuses, if that was true how come his sparring partners have no problem and dominate him. Next...

Comment

Working...
                      X