No announcement yet.

If Lucas Matthysse hadn't been robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    No elite fighter at 140 is safe, none. I'd pick Lucas over any & all. Yes that includes Bradley, Marquez & Pacman if he's brave enough to return to 140.
    Im not gonna lie, Im with you on this one. The dude is just a beast. He has faced everything from boxers with quick hands to southpaws.

You see, on paper it's easy to say well he lost to Alexander and Judah so there's no way he beats any of those guys. But if one watched those 2 fights and the one from last night, you would see otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Had he beat Judah, he would've gone on to fight Khan. Had he beat Khan, he probably would've gone on to fight the winner of Alexander/Bradley. Pretty sure there could be an argument made for him being P4P at that point.

I think those controversial decisions helped him in the end, cuz it reinforces his mental toughness. Guys like Maidana/Khan/Alexander/Bradley were in the limelight, but Matthysse was patiently waiting to get his shot and he made it count.

Does anybody think the winner of Garcia/Morales will fight Matt next? I don't. Let the ducking commence.
      Crazy how one L changes everyhting.
      Originally posted by DLT View Post
      I actually think Morales would "if" there isnt a significantly bigger money fight for him
      I don't think Garcia will fight him and I DO NOT want Morales to fight him. Im a big fan of him and would hate for him to get obliterated. Sure he survived vs Maidana but I don't think he makes it past Matthysse.
      Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 09-09-2012, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Crazy how one L changes everyhting.

I don't think Garcia will fight him and I DO NOT want Morales to fight him. Im a big fan of him and would hate for him to get obliterated. Sure he survived vs Maidana but I don't think he makes it past Matthysse.
        Agreed. Love Morales but this is a career ending fight if he fights Lucas. Off topic but the Ward- Dawson fight last night feels like a career defining loss too.. I dont think Dawson will come back from that fully. His spirit was completely crushed.

What impresses me about Matthysse aside from the power and patience is his defense. He seems to catch most of the punches at least partially on the gloves. Sure he gets hit of course, but not as muvh as it seems. He's sneakier than he seems outright but watching him closely he does a lot of subtle things and is very disciplined in his attack. Love it. He reminds me of the comparison made for Carlos Quintana and Martinez when Martinez fought P Will and they said he was a "super" Quintana. Lucas is a super Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          What impresses me about Matthysse aside from the power and patience is his defense. He seems to catch most of the punches at least partially on the gloves. Sure he gets hit of course, but not as muvh as it seems. He's sneakier than he seems outright but watching him closely he does a lot of subtle things and is very disciplined in his attack.
          I see you caught up to this too. Im not gonna lie, I thought Ajose was smashing Lucas with those shots but then when I watched the replay me and my bro were like wtf? He's catching those shits with the gloves . I was streaming it so it was kinda hard to see with Ajose's speed too. Some might see the guy as just a pressure fighter but there's some stuff in there that he does that could be easily overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            No elite fighter at 140 is safe, none. I'd pick Lucas over any & all. Yes that includes Bradley, Marquez & Pacman if he's brave enough to return to 140.
            oh ffs.......

this forum is jokes at times

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
              oh ffs.......

you really think its that far out of the realm of possibility that he cant beat any of those fighters?

Comment

oh ffs.......

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                you really think its that far out of the realm of possibility that he cant beat any of those fighters?
                Marquez has been hurt by far lesser punchers than Mattysse.

Bradley has the best chance, but his chin is suspect & his fists are light.

Pacman won't beat Mattysse by only fighting 30 seconds a round, real talk.

Comment

oh ffs.......

It sounds hilarious of course, but honestly its not impossible, even Pac. Sure, Pac would be a heavy favorite..but it'd a fight. JMM, I think could end in similar fashion to the Soto fight. Marquez is great and knows how to fight Pac, but I'm not sure how he fares against a young lion in Matthysse at this stage. I'd favor Marquez...but I wouldnt feel comfortable. I think Matthysse beats Bradley. Call me crazy on that one, i dont care lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    He was never robbed against Judah, very close fight that could've gone either way.
                    Judah wasn't doing much, and he got KD'ed

it's pretty clear they awarded the fight to the man it said in the script

Comment

Bradley outboxes Lucas easily. Too much speed and defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X