No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Monday Night Is Alright For Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Monday Night Is Alright For Boxing

By Jake Donovan - By the time the National Football League is ready to kick off the 2013 season, Fox Sports 1 will have invaded what used to be sacred ground with two fight cards having aired on Monday nights.

With Monday Night Football no longer what it once was, that makes what boxing is attempting to do a welcome change to the norm.

“We’re good with it,” says Golden Boy Chief Marketing Officer Bruce Binkow of the inevitable competition coming from Monday Night Football, which posted record-low ratings in 2012. “We’re an alternative for sports fans who don’t necessarily want to watch football on Mondays, and we’re happy to provide that outlet.”

Golden Boy’s latest boxing series – which airs Monday nights on the newly formed Fox Sports 1 network – debuted in mid-August with a show live from New York City. The headliner saw Daniel Jacobs continue his miraculous comeback, knocking out Giovani Lorenzo in three rounds to re-establish himself as a middleweight contender. [Click Here To Read More]

It's nice but if I had too pick one day to watch boxing it would be Saturday.
    I would gladly accept it on any day though lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Monday is a good day for boxing but starting up against Monday Night Football Bad Timing

Comment

"we got this time slot on the cheap."

"we gonna use this hoe to move prospects, and that's it!"

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          By Jake Donovan - By the time the National Football League is ready to kick off the 2013 season, Fox Sports 1 will have invaded what used to be sacred ground with two fight cards having aired on Monday nights.

With Monday Night Football no longer what it once was, that makes what boxing is attempting to do a welcome change to the norm.

“We’re good with it,” says Golden Boy Chief Marketing Officer Bruce Binkow of the inevitable competition coming from Monday Night Football, which posted record-low ratings in 2012. “We’re an alternative for sports fans who don’t necessarily want to watch football on Mondays, and we’re happy to provide that outlet.”

Golden Boy’s latest boxing series – which airs Monday nights on the newly formed Fox Sports 1 network – debuted in mid-August with a show live from New York City. The headliner saw Daniel Jacobs continue his miraculous comeback, knocking out Giovani Lorenzo in three rounds to re-establish himself as a middleweight contender. [Click Here To Read More]
          I don't like this. As the first poster said, I would rather it be on Saturdays. I love my MNF, I also love my boxing, but don't make me choose.

Comment

What about on Fridays since FNF season is over

Comment

If they time it properly and the main event hits at halftime they could get a decent amount of switch over. Boxing is tough to time like that though but they could also replay at like midnight or 12:30 right after the game ends.

NFL is really only 17 weeks of the year on Monday, so that leaves a lot of other Mondays.

Comment

156k viewers for the first show.

FS1 has been averaging 130k in primetime.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                  156k viewers for the first show.

FS1 has been averaging 130k in primetime.

Not bad viewership, too bad that'll take a hit with MNF

Comment

Originally posted by SOPH~ REP. View Post
                    Monday is a good day for boxing but starting up against Monday Night Football Bad Timing
                    This (although, any day is a good day for boxing in my book)

I'm amped for the additional coverage

The Danny Jacobs card was a worthy opening

Comment

Working...
                    X