Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito OK to fight in Mississippi, rematch vs. Cotto to be moved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a couple things that need to be said regarding this matter...

1) it's obvious Margarito can't fight anymore because of his injury, in that faceoff on hbo it looks like he has a glass eye, Margarito can't box anymore and I'm sure we all can agreed on that but it's due to the controversy behind his wraps that we all want to see him and cotto again

2) don't bring up these "doctors" arum brought to the hearing, they remind me of the doctors whom testified in court that cigarretes are not harmful, (anyone remember from history class), these doctors were paid off from tobacco companies to testify on their behalf

3) why are some of you posting "arum will take care of this with some cash"... Instead of being in favor of boxing being rid if all this corruption, you guys are advocating arum bribing the state commission... "it's just business" like he told Marquez right..... If some of you guys are in favor of that, than don't complain when there are robberies from judges ...

Edit:

4) for arum to simply say, " we got 5 other venues ready" shows how he could give a fuk about fans that already paid money for this fight, I feel bad for those of you that dropped serious paper on this
    Last edited by Simply Zyzz; 11-17-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Have you followed the history of these two?

Cotto nearly left Top Rank because they supported Margarito after the wraps scandal. Cotto wanted to fcuk with Margs in negotiations with the weight crap and would pretty much not take the fight unless it was in MSG.

There is much more to this than the money. Cotto will look at this and go "wow, they didn't take care of this earlier and now I go from fighting on my turf to his turf AGAIN". I guarantee you he will care A LOT about that, to the point where I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull out and his relationship with Top Rank to sever.
      I'm a huge Cotto fan, I don't need a history lesson but he won't pull out of the fight. If he is going to pull out because he can't fight there then he really is afraid of Marg's especially since now he knows he is blind in one eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        If Cotto is forced to move the fight he has even more leverage he can make the fight 150 and take 90% of the money. Margarito would be forced to accept because from the sounds of it the only reason he is even getting a license in another state is because he's fighting Cotto and it'll bring in some hefty cash. If Marg's was going to fight a tune-up he probably wouldn't get a license anywhere, he'll accept the fight for 1 million with PPV % probably simply because he knows its his last payday.

I'm sad that this fight is still "up in the air" I'm loving the fact that Margarito's career is probably over. Luis Resto Jr.
        yeah lets make this **** even more of a joke catchweight by having cotto defend his title @ 150 instead of the already laughable 153. Please stfu and @ taking 90% of the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
          yeah lets make this **** even more of a joke catchweight by having cotto defend his title @ 150 instead of the already lauaghable 153. Please stfu and @ taking 90% of the money.
          Go away, Manny beat your "boy" into the retirement home. Case closed on who actually took the worse beathing, Cotto still has a career and two eyes that work.

Comment

I'm a huge Cotto fan, I don't need a history lesson but he won't pull out of the fight. If he is going to pull out because he can't fight there then he really is afraid of Marg's especially since now he knows he is blind in one eye.
            Guarantee he refuses to go to Texas.

Comment

• Hopefully all these reports of Margarito being licensed convinces NYSAC to play ball.

Comment

• The ruling for the license is schedule for tomorrow. Is there anything official that the fight is not on in NYC?

Comment

Go away, Manny beat your "boy" into the retirement home. Case closed on who actually took the worse beathing, Cotto still has a career and two eyes that work.
                  lol is this really your response?

yeah such a "career" left in him that he defended his title against an old ass mayorga. Please.....

Comment

• This sounds like a bad joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Assteroid Field View Post
                      Hopefully all these reports of Margarito being licensed convinces NYSAC to play ball.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if he did TBH. They were in LA for the final press conference and it was more Pro-Cotto than Marg and LA might as well be Mexico now. Mexican or not a lot of guys think Marg cheated Cotto and most people with a brain want to see him get revenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X