Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a confession to make, I'm getting sick of Floyd Mayweather jr..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    See, this is the problem with Floydiots. Say anything negative about them and you are labelled a Pacquiao fan, its a monumentally stupid defence mechanism but to them its a whole lot easier than facing the fact that outside of Floyd's fanbase the vast majority of boxing fans from all corners of the earth think the guy is a nob.
    Say anything mildly critical about some fighters on this site and you'll set off the hysterics. The fact that discussing boxing means occasionally offering a mild critique of boxers seems to have escaped them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Says you a nobody that will always be a nobody , I dont think Floyd is short of a dollar and his success in a boxing ring has been huge the guy is one of a very select few that transcend boxing .
      I use to believe that delusion. Truth is most people think he is a coward running from Pacquiao. How can you transcend boxing when nobody respects you except for a few fans of yours that are not even significant or credible?

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        See, this is the problem with Floydiots. Say anything negative about them and you are labelled a Pacquiao fan, its a monumentally stupid defence mechanism but to them its a whole lot easier than facing the fact that outside of Floyd's fanbase the vast majority of boxing fans from all corners of the earth think the guy is a nob.
        I know they think everyone else must be fanatical bum whiffs like them.

Comment

• Sorry to bump this, was looking through some threads and saw it.

I must say I have to agree with the TS in pretty much every point. I was just as big of a Floyd fanboy as the others were, but certain things came into play and I just don't look at him the same anymore. Like others have said, the "money team" is just a bunch of grown ass yes-men looking for handouts. His head is not in boxing anymore, he's avoided a midget from the Philippines, and will likely take on some weak challenger and take another UD and retire for another year and a half.

Booooring. I'm actually looking forward to Pacquiao's fight this time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            I've been a fan of his forever, I've stood by him forever and took abuse on this forum for that since the day I started posting back in 07...

I became a fan because I was fascinated how he operated in the ring,
            He was/is flawless in nearly every way, I couldn't not respect him for that and could watch him in the ring allday...

But over the last two years in particular (now more than ever,)
            I'm getting sick of him. I respect he is a family man blah blah... whatever...

But he's 35 now and going on about all this money shit and it's just becoming boring at this stage, it seems like he doesn't care about boxing anymore and just wants to talk about "The Money Team," I mean wtf is the Money team? It's not a promotional company, it's not a record label, it's a bunch of dudes in the 30's going around flashing Mayweathers money, it's quite frankly sickening.

In my opinion Floyd needs to get back in the ring, I don't care who it's against. Don't take this thread wrong,
            I don't think he's ducking anyone, At the moment I can't say how good he still is, but I do think he could still beat most guys out there right now, excluding maybe Martinez...

I hope the rumours of him meeting Arum where true and we get to see him back in the ring again,
            But he needs to get out of his own ass and focus on what made who he is today.
            Floyd can't keep fighting forever... He needs a steady income for it. The problem is, he's not the brightest apple in the tree. TMT is his best try. Floyd's on the way out and he's just trying to avoid becoming the next Roy Jones Jr. I can respect that. I don't think flashing money around and betting are the best ways to do it but i can respect him wanting to do other things.

Comment

Working...
            X