No announcement yet.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    WAY late to the party, but I picked up a 360 and Skyrim this past weekend. Starting a Warrior build. Game is jaw dropping already, and I'm still only in the first town after the beginning. Got an elf follower, and cleared out that first mine. Already hooked on this fuggin game.
    Jesus Christ - I never thought I'd see the day that the bodybuilding leprechaun 'Freckles O'Camel' would beat me to the 'Skyrim' party.

Ah well, at least I'm not alone in being fashionably late.

Still haven't played, either. I look at it from time to time though.

Comment

• Great game but can get boring very fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Jesus Christ - I never thought I'd see the day that the bodybuilding leprechaun 'Freckles O'Camel' would beat me to the 'Skyrim' party.

Ah well, at least I'm not alone in being fashionably late.

Still haven't played, either. I look at it from time to time though.

I'm doing a sword and board character right now. Back up bow and arrow. My "Sneak" skills are lacking, and next play through, I'll probably be more of an assassin type build. Got an elf homie, and we are DEADLY right now. Sneak up on some buster ass mark ass tricks, hit them with some poison and fire arrows, then I just wade through whats left with me mighty sword of fuckery.

Did one of the Companions quests, and the guy I went on the mission with was a total ******. Felt like killing him, until the guy turns into a fuggin WEREWOLF, and basically rips apart 4 people in about 10 seconds.

This game is fuggin ****.

Comment

• Oh, and a word or four about taking on Giants early in the game.

Don't do it.

I was out and about on one of the earlier missions, and came upon one.

"Fugg it, lets take this fucker on. I got this."

I was hit harder then Barry Bonds hitting a hanging curve ball.

"I CAN SEE MY HOUSE FROM HERE."

I still hadn't landed when the game went to the next cut screen.

Comment

• I might start this up soon - I need a break from FPS games. I've been playing nothing but FPS games on expert difficulty for the past 3 weeks, and it's becoming redundant.

Assassin build straight out of the gate for my ass - That's always how I roll in any RPG in which I have control over the character build I start with.

Bow and arrow for primary long range attacks with duel enchanted daggers for secondary combat, assuming the enemy survives my initial rain of arrows and decides to bring the battle into close quarters.

Comment

Oh, and a word or four about taking on Giants early in the game.

Don't do it.

I was out and about on one of the earlier missions, and came upon one.

"Fugg it, lets take this fucker on. I got this."

I was hit harder then Barry Bonds hitting a hanging curve ball.

"I CAN SEE MY HOUSE FROM HERE."

I still hadn't landed when the game went to the next cut screen.
              On the plus side if you get attacked by a dragon early in the game hightail it through a giant camp and watch the dragon get it's scaly snatch pwned by giants and mammoths. Hairy bastards.

Comment

• Do the giants whip your ass even if you're not ****ing with them?

Say I wanted to run up to a giant to get a closer look and I'm like : "sup?"

Would he still go all 'Home Run Derby' on my ass?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  Do the giants whip your ass even if you're not ****ing with them?

Say I wanted to run up to a giant to get a closer look and I'm like : "sup?"

Would he still go all 'Home Run Derby' on my ass?
                  They warn you first before they attack they start stomping there feet

Comment

• Bringing this back up from the waaaay dead.

Bought a used version for about the price of a pack of squares about a week ago at game stop.

I think my problem my first go with the game was I really didn't think about what type of character I wanted to flesh out. I'd just "sword and board it", no thought of building certain perks or skills, and while I'd still tank a lot of missions, things got stale after awhile, and I never completed any of the quests.

This time, I made a assassin type. Game is really more enjoyable and playable with a dedicated type of build.

Dark Elf, dual dagger/archery assassin. Light armor.

Lot less toe to toe, and more strategy involved.

My guy right now is pretty fucking deadly with 100 sneak and I start popping invisibility potions.

I did find a exploit to get my character to lvl 100 sneak pretty early on, but I'm going to try to not totally ruin the game by using others similar exploits.

Really like how this character is turning out. I was undecided between alchemy or illusion in the beginning, but I felt that as a assassin, alchemy seemed the more "pure" route to take. Still got to work on that skill.

I'm about 75% complete on The Dark Brotherhood quest now, and then will do the Thieves.

Now that I've spewed this geekiness out of my system, it's time to go one-shot some mark ass, buster ass Giants.

Comment

Bringing this back up from the waaaay dead.

Bought a used version for about the price of a pack of squares about a week ago at game stop.

I think my problem my first go with the game was I really didn't think about what type of character I wanted to flesh out. I'd just "sword and board it", no thought of building certain perks or skills, and while I'd still tank a lot of missions, things got stale after awhile, and I never completed any of the quests.

This time, I made a assassin type. Game is really more enjoyable and playable with a dedicated type of build.

Dark Elf, dual dagger/archery assassin. Light armor.

Lot less toe to toe, and more strategy involved.

My guy right now is pretty fucking deadly with 100 sneak and I start popping invisibility potions.

I did find a exploit to get my character to lvl 100 sneak pretty early on, but I'm going to try to not totally ruin the game by using others similar exploits.

Really like how this character is turning out. I was undecided between alchemy or illusion in the beginning, but I felt that as a assassin, alchemy seemed the more "pure" route to take. Still got to work on that skill.

I'm about 75% complete on The Dark Brotherhood quest now, and then will do the Thieves.

Now that I've spewed this geekiness out of my system, it's time to go one-shot some mark ass, buster ass Giants.
                      I had this problem also, I was a Nord, used heavy armour so sneaking was a real pain in the arse. I had almost maxed my smithing so didn't want to start again, in the end i just had a odd mix of brute strength with a few token spells at hard. It didn't really work so i just went back to being a brawler type

Loved the dark brotherhood quest but I lost shadowmere somehow and can't find her, felt like a real bum going back to using a regular horse.

I may have to start a new game now, it's been a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X