Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao has improved since the marquez ko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is getting hit with 48% of power shots(Mayweather esqe numbers) vs a blown up one dimensional punching bag that kept his gun in the holster half the fight supposed to mean Manny is back and better than ever.................

Keep trying to convince yourself people
    Last edited by sbbigmike; 01-07-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

he hasnt change his style or anything, he just fought a more cautious fight because he just got KO, why is this hard to understand lol.. u think someone whos been fighting a ceratin way can and will completely change his style when he's in his mid 30s already??

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Man please, i'd look good fighting a punching bag. Let's wait til he's in with Bradley again
        I'd like to see you fight Rios. He would TKO you under 3

Comment

People here seem to praise mediocre accomplishments and slam greatness

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
            He used to lean in a lot. He used to be wild, restless and reckless. He would explode one minutes and take breaks because he expends too much energy. It was a dangerous way to fight even though Manny made it work with his athleticism and will.

But in the Rios fight he was more measured, more calculated, and better prepared to finish the fight. He didn't chase the knockout, he just put faith in his boxing. Overall he's shown a lot of improvement.
            I wouldn't necessarily call that as an improvement, just a different game plan.
            He used the same strategy against Oscar & Margarito for the Rios fight.
            While he used the same strategy against the first JMM fight for the 4th fight which got him KOed.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
              He used to lean in a lot. He used to be wild, restless and reckless. He would explode one minutes and take breaks because he expends too much energy. It was a dangerous way to fight even though Manny made it work with his athleticism and will.

But in the Rios fight he was more measured, more calculated, and better prepared to finish the fight. He didn't chase the knockout, he just put faith in his boxing. Overall he's shown a lot of improvement.
              In the past posters like yourself indicated not going for the KO means the fighter is a cowardly boring boxer that fans don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                People here seem to praise mediocre accomplishments and slam greatness
                Beating Brandon Rios at WW in Nov 2013 is a monumental accomplishment. Its a crime that it didn't get Manny a FOTY nomination.

Comment

It was nice to see Manny still has plenty of gas in the tank...but I did not see any improvement over his previous form. He didnt fight differently, he did show us he can still fight, which was the point of the matchup.

Comment

In opponent selection?

Comment

Pacquiao seems to be wiser since the JMM KO. I wouldn't say he is better though.

Comment

Working...
                      X