• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather, mosley both go with grant gloves

April 30, 2010

MAYWEATHER, MOSLEY BOTH GO WITH GRANT GLOVES
    By G. Leon

Money: 146 lbs Mosley: 147

After some initial confusion, boxing superstars Shane Mosley and Floyd Mayweather Jr will both be wearing Grant gloves (widely regarded as the best in boxing) for tomorrow night's mega-fight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. Earlier today both fighters made weight in their first attempt. Mosley came in at the welterweight limit of 147 lbs, Mayweather came in a ripped 146 lbs.

Interesting.

I would've figured that Mosley would've opted for Reyes gloves.

From boxing talk

not surprised, Mosley was training with Grant gloves throughout 24/7 so I assumed he would fight with them... what size are they using? standard 10oz or did they go with 8oz?

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
      not surprised, Mosley was training with Grant gloves throughout 24/7 so I assumed he would fight with them... what size are they using? standard 10oz or did they go with 8oz?
      ............8oz.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
        ............8oz.
        word?... damn lol, where's all those Pacquiao fans that were saying Floyd was a ***** cuz they assune he wouldn't agree to 8oz gloves with Mosley?... Shiet if I was him I wouldn't fought with 10oz; the 8oz is an advantage for Mosley

Comment

whats the bet mayweather comes out in pink?

i seen him sporting a pink winning cup protector i can smell it hahahah

Comment

I guess Mayweather requested that in the contract. I only say this because Mosley usually uses the Reyes gloves.

Comment

shane wanted this fight so bad he probably wouldve agreed to fight in speedos

Comment

This is Mosley's own choice, he was undecided about which gloves to wear until the day of the weigh in apparently. The Everlast people were supposedly trying to get him to wear one of their new gloves. Interesting to see he's switched to Grant this late into his career and in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekscape View Post
                  8 oz. are standard for welterweight title fights....

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                    This is Mosley's own choice, he was undecided about which gloves to wear until the day of the weigh in apparently. The Everlast people were supposedly trying to get him to wear one of their new gloves. Interesting to see he's switched to Grant this late into his career and in this fight.
                    The information i got was he was going with the new Everlast gloves but because they were newly made he didnt want to take a risk of trying them out in a big fight like this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X