No announcement yet.

The 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years (The Ring) 02/03

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
    Roy beats everyone above him on the list except Ali, Forman, Holmes, and maybe Dempsey and Sugar Ray.
    Pretty bold statement, and you would have to look at all the fighters styles a above him and looked at them in there prime, and how the fight would of went styles wise.

To be honest even do Jones was a great figher and a future Hall of Famer you said like it was nothing and you disrepected alot of legends above him etc Michael Spinks, Charley Burley, Joe Frazier ,Marvin Hagler, Ezzard Charles, Carlos Monzon Harry Greb and many more great fighters.

By the sounds of it you don't no alot about history and the great fighters down the years, and you've seen a couple of Roy Jones fights in his prime ''and thought wow he's unbeliveable against fighers like Glen Kelly, Ricard Hall, and then thought no one can beat him
    Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 05-07-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Roy beats everyone above him on the list except Ali, Forman, Holmes, and maybe Dempsey and Sugar Ray.
      Do you think he beats Joe Frazier, Michael Spinks, Charley Burley, Dick Tiger, Gene Tunney, Ike Williams, Evander Hollyfield, Marvin Hagler, Archie Moore, Rocky Marciano, Ezzard Charles, Carlos Monzon, Joe Louis and Harry Greb all of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
        Pretty bold statement, and you would have to look at all the fighters styles a above him and looked at them in there prime, and how the fight would of went styles wise. To be onest even do Jones was a great figher and a future hall of famer you said like it was nothing and you disrepected alot of legends above him etc Michael Spinks, Charley Burley,Joe Frazier ,Marvin Hagler, Ezzard Charles,Carlos Monzon Harry Greb and many more great fighters.By the sounds of it you don't no alot about history and the great fighters down the years, and you've seen a couple of Roy Jones fights in his prime ''and thought wow he's unbeliveable against fighers like Glen Kelly, Ricard Hall, and then thought no one can beat him
        Yeah, i have to admit i tried to provoke a little and skipped to mention a few names. I see Roy beating Louis mainly based on the Louis vs Conn fight, Jones does what Conn does only better. I think he would beat Holyfield and Maybe Marciano to, he would be real hard to catch for Rocky. I think Spinks could give Roy a hard fight. I have to admit i know close to nothing about Ezzard Charles and Monzon. Archie Moore i think would be competetive against anyone below 200 lbs.
        Last edited by Ivansmamma; 12-12-2008, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah, i have to admit i tried to provoke a little and skipped to mention a few names. I see Roy beating Louis mainly based on the Louis vs Conn fight, Jones does what Conn does only better. I think he would beat Holyfield and Maybe Marciano to, he would be real hard to catch for Rocky. I think Spinks could give Roy a hard fight. I have to admit i know close to nothing about Ezzard Charles and Monzon. Archie Moore i think would be competetive against anyone below 200 lbs.
          No problem, yeah I guess with Conn giving Louis trouble with his movement and quick feet Jones mat of coursed Louis problems. Charles and Monzon were brillant fighters worth having a good research on them, wil post some articles and fights to you if you want to really have a good look at them.
          Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 05-07-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

No problem dude, yeah i guess with Conn giving Louis trouble with his movement and quick feet Jones would of had a good chance, he would of had to beaware of Louis power do.Charles and Monzon were brillant fighters worth having a good research on them, wil post some articles and fights to ya if ya want to really have a good look at them.

Would be great i you could post some fights or information about Monzon.

Comment

Louis probably took Conn lightly, given the size difference, and drained himself to get below 200lb, because he didn't want to be accused of beating up a little guy. Even so, the end result was Conn stretched out on the canvas for a ten count, and it's debatable whether Jones was better than Conn.

I can't see any scenario where Roy beats Joe Frazier. Greb, Hagler, Spinks, Tunney, Moore, Monzon and Charles would all be a much stiffer test than anyone he's faced before. Roy was damn talented and I'm not saying he can't beat them on a given night, but they certainly aren't to be blithely dismissed as an easy W on Roy's record.

Comment

Roy gets smashed by Hagler

Comment

and roy gets beat by some below him too, mainly tyson and foreman.
                  is this list from 2002?

Comment

No problem dude, yeah i guess with Conn giving Louis trouble with his movement and quick feet Jones would of had a good chance, he would of had to beaware of Louis power do.Charles and Monzon were brillant fighters worth having a good research on them, wil post some articles and fights to ya if ya want to really have a good look at them.
                    I know RJJ is a very talented boxer, but do you think beat John Ruiz is enough prove that we would be a competitive Heavyweight and would be able to win or give problem to joe louis?. John Ruiz is not at that level i think.

Comment

mayweather is top 50 no doubt, this list is missing pretty boy. and i'll be happy to explain why to anybody who has a problem with it. what he accomplished in 10 years is amazing, and only hearns can argue that.

Comment

Working...
                      X