No announcement yet.

im not happy that groves and froch fight is going ahead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    ^^^but it wil probs end one of their careers.
    In Froch's case, quite possibly, but how so in Groves?

Groves has plenty years in him. A loss to one of the divisions best isn't going to end his career.

Even in a loss where he looks competitive, or goes the distance, it can only favour him.

Not many people are giving him a chance in this, and going the distance in this fight will favour him, although Carl has the tools (just not the speed) to control the fight at distance.

A competitive loss will do good for George, a win will make him a star.

Comment

I would say both could easily bounce back from defeat...

Froch vs Bute is the best example.

Comment

I like this fight,,,

both guys dont like each other

Young vs old

Title fight

I think its a cant miss fight..
        I like Froch in this one..

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
          i think its a good match up, i dont see the issue.
          I second this. As big a Froch fan as I am, and I have a lot of time for Groves as well, I'm a boxing fan who wants to see good fights and this is a belter of a domestic dust up.

Comment

A good domestic fight is what the UK needs right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratchet View Post
              Groves is only 25. If he takes a loss, he'll have plenty of time to recover from it. From Froch's perspective, if he loses, I can see it as a big set back. I don't really see too much of a downside for Groves in this fight, though.
              100% agree. Groves is expected to lose and when he does no one will fault him for it as it's a huge jump up in class from the journeyman he has been fighting the last couple of years. Not to mention he will get a good payday and learn heaps from this fight win or lose. Froch on the other hand has everything to lose. If he wins he has beaten a nobody and it doesnt really do his legacy any good and if he gets beat by groves then it's safe to say his career is over. If I was Froch i'd try and get the winner of Adonis Stevensons next fight at LHW to make himself a 2 weight world champ in a big unification fight then get a rematch with Ward or a catch weight with Chavez Jr or Golovkin as a final war for his career. Groves does nothing for Froch baring a relatively easy payday.

Comment

If your a Froch fan you shouldn't be...I think Groves style could be a NIGHTMARE for Froch and I think Booth will have the perfect gameplan on what to do against Froch. It all depends on if Groves can pull it off, Froch also showed he had some concerns because already he is b1tching about Groves style and is challenging him to "STAND AND FIGHT" which to me is an admission that Froch knows he cannot keep up with Groves Speed
                Last edited by sicko; 07-27-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

why not be happy?
                  groves gets a chance to step up and Froch is low on options
                  would love to see Froch-Bika, but Bika got the belt for a reason
                  Sulaiman wants Chavez to get that damn title
                  Groves is good enough to be considered a live dog
                  even if Froch beats him, he's not gonna wreck him or anything
                  this seems like a a quality fight on paper

Comment

Boxers get criticised for not taking the big challenges and then they get criticised when they do.

It's great to see young guys not obsessed with their 0s.

Comment

Working...
                    X