Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sonnyboy's Lennox Lewis appreciation thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Lennox has lived in Canada for over 35yrs and still lives there. He has been inducted into the Canadian Boxing Hall of Fame.. The above Tweet from Lennox tells you that he regards himself as Canadian. Lennox when he turned pro, fought out of the U.K. because in the U.K. they do not drug-test their own fighters, they only drug-test incoming opponents from abroad.
    Good god you'll go to your grave b*tching and criticising Lennox Lewis. What makes it worse is he's a man you've never even met (I'm presuming). Just let it go. Doesn't all this negative energy fry your brain?

Comment

Originally posted by GuessWhosBack View Post
      Good god you'll go to your grave b*tching and criticising Lennox Lewis. What makes it worse is he's a man you've never even met (I'm presuming). Just let it go. Doesn't all this negative energy fry your brain?
      Nope, Yep, Nope, Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Lennox lived there for something like 8 years and hasn't lived there since. He lives in Miami now and Jamaica.

He has continuously said he considers himself British-Jamaican.

Stop talking nonsense.
        What do you make of the Tweet Lennox sent?

Comment

DeGale was the first person representing Great Britain to win gold at the Olympics then become a "world" champion.

I think it's simply a case of Lewis congratulating him on becoming the first person to achieve this.

Lewis represented Canada at the Olympics not Britain as you are aware, I don't think this gives any indication to which nationality Lewis views himself.

Comment

Originally posted by joeandthebums View Post

DeGale was the first person representing Great Britain to win gold at the Olympics then become a "world" champion.

I think it's simply a case of Lewis congratulating him on becoming the first person to achieve this.

Lewis represented Canada at the Olympics not Britain as you are aware, I don't think this gives any indication to which nationality Lewis views himself.
            i think it does give an indication joe, Lennox lives in Toronto and has done for as long as he can remember. To claim him to be British is stupid, what nationality do Canadians think he is?..... just because he owns a house in Jamaica and one in L.A. is meaningless, if he owned one in London then maybe some could make a case for him being British. But me personally, i always guessed there was more behind Lennox turning pro from Britain than Canada or the USA and i am now certain it was due to drug testing.

Comment

He pointed out an error in Skys headline that said "first olympic gold medalist to win a world title" Then he said he was the first BRITISH Olympic gold medalist.

Obviously, doesn't count himself since he didn't fight for Britain?

There's nothing more to it than that. He doesn't secretly try and tell people that he's really not british.

Comment

i think it does give an indication joe, Lennox lives in Toronto and has done for as long as he can remember. To claim him to be British is stupid, what nationality do Canadians think he is?..... just because he owns a house in Jamaica and one in L.A. is meaningless, if he owned one in London then maybe some could make a case for him being British. But me personally, i always guessed there was more behind Lennox turning pro from Britain than Canada or the USA and i am now certain it was due to drug testing.
                He doesn't live in Toronto. He lives in Miami. Why do you keep telling lies?

Here's his address:

Lennox Lewis
                9 Island Ave #515
                Miami Beach, FL 33139 US

Mail him and ask him if you want.
                Last edited by LacedUp; 05-27-2015, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  He doesn't live in Toronto. He lives in Miami. Why do you keep telling lies?

Here's his address:

Lennox Lewis
                  9 Island Ave #515
                  Miami Beach, FL 33139 US

Mail him and ask him if you want.
                  are you claiming Lennox Lewis has no residence in Canada ?
                  That his himself, his wife and children are not Canadian nationals ?

Comment

Lennox has lived in Canada for over 35yrs and still lives there. He has been inducted into the Canadian Boxing Hall of Fame.. The above Tweet from Lennox tells you that he regards himself as Canadian. Lennox when he turned pro, fought out of the U.K. because in the U.K. they do not drug-test their own fighters, they only drug-test incoming opponents from abroad.
                    You need to go and see a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                      You need to go and see a doctor.
                      my comment has obviously spoiled your agenda.

Comment

Working...
                      X