Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people start saying Floyd is ducking the lineal MW champ you know he is great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Tell me when a 38 year old has been successful at dropping down to a weight class he hasnt fought at in 4 years

I cant that makes Floyd even more chicken. I cant think of too many lightweights like JMM who stepped up 2 divisions as well and been succesful as well. Didnt stop Floyd fighting him.

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
    Why hasn't Martinez moved back down then and tried to get a big W and then call out Floyd? That's what everyone else has done...Ortiz, Mosley, Hatton, Guerrero, all had big wins in Floyd's division then called him out in it, then he accepts.

Do it Martinez.
    JMM didnt get any LWW or WW wins and that didnt stop him getting a shot at floyd did it?

Floyd fans always same excuse but got no answer to what i address

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      I cant that makes Floyd even more chicken. I cant think of too many lightweights like JMM who stepped up 2 divisions as well and been succesful as well. Didnt stop Floyd fighting him.

JMM didnt get any LWW or WW wins and that didnt stop him getting a shot at floyd did it?

Floyd fans always same excuse but got no answer to what i address
      so why would floyd wanna fight a fight he would get no credit for??if it is at 160 cool other than that it is pointless

and lightweights who jumped 2 divisions?

Duran,Mosley are 2 off the top of my head,only difference is floyd dominated him like he was suppose to plus Jmm called him out lets not forget that part

Comment

so why would floyd wanna fight a fight he would get no credit for??if it is at 160 cool other than that it is pointless

Duran,Mosley are 2 off the top of my head,only difference is floyd dominated him like he was suppose to plus Jmm called him out lets not forget that part
        Mosley 3 years after Cotto and others beat him. JMM called him out so did Pac, Canelo, Margarito you dumbass. Go back to fighthype and promote this mess. How many times a day do you fantasize of Floyd and you alone in his jail cell

Comment

NOT REALLY... If he would fight a legitimate middleweight and win he would be great.. but simply being talked about in fantasy fights doesn't make you great, Larry. Only Mayweather fans believe that. Mayweather would get more respect if he fought a Middleweight and won. Since, he has the balls to fight Marquez a man a lot smaller than him, but not significantly bigger.
          if Mayweather was in Marquez's position it would be the equivalent to him fighting Andre Ward, so don't hype it up more than what it is. Fighting Sergio Martinez isn't asking for THAT much when you put it into perspective.

Comment

Some of us would give him credit. I don't know why you don't get that.

Some people are already hating on him for apparently choosing to fight Guerrero just as they did when he chose Ortiz. There will ways be haters and almost every popular boxer has them. It is just Floyd has more partially due to his public persona. It looks to be by design.

Also, why would he get credit for beating Canelo even though he has yet to fight a live body at 154?

A lot of Floyd's biggest fans give him credit for Marquez, so why not for Martinez if Martinez is given the time he requests to try to lose the weight in a healthy manner?

Martinez has called out Floyd, so I don't see how this is entirely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
              Mosley 3 years after Cotto and others beat him. JMM called him out so did Pac, Canelo, Margarito you dumbass. Go back to fighthype and promote this mess. How many times a day do you fantasize of Floyd and you alone in his jail cell
              pac and margo are with top rank..wonder why cotto got the fight soon as he left ARUM??NOT REALLY ROCKET SCIENCE IS IT??

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                I didn't say you were. I was just pointing out that Mosley's performances were not as impressive as you made them out to be. There was also a big time gap in between the ones you mentioned and the fight with Floyd.
                Ok so what there was a time gap? You're acting like Martinez was fighting at a far higher level around that time when he was losing to Williams, and winning a rematch. Not much of a level. he was basically tied up 2 weights higher and then campaigned for a Chavez jr fight.

Comment

Ok so what there was a time gap? You're acting like Martinez was fighting at a far higher level around that time when he was losing to Williams, and winning a rematch. Not much of a level. he was basically tied up 2 weights higher and then campaigned for a Chavez jr fight.
                  My point is that Margarito was likely cheating for at least a few fights before he fought Mosley and that Mosley's performance against Mayorga was not very impressive. Then he sat around for over a year after the Margarito fight and was getting worse due to advancing age.

Paul Williams beat Margarito 1.5 years before Mosley did and may have caused him to start cheating or beat him even though he was cheating. Williams lost to Quintana after that, but he avenged it with a 1st round TKO right after that and then went on to win three straight fights before fighting Martinez. Martinez was undeniably very competitive in that fight and I felt he at least deserved a draw. He then went on to beat a bigger fighter in Pavlik (a month before the Mosley-Mayweather fight) and KO Williams in the 2nd ( I know that was after).

In any case, Floyd decided to fight Marquez even though he had not been campaigning at 147 or 154, so Floyd has made an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                    My point is that Margarito was likely cheating for at least a few fights before he fought Mosley and that Mosley's performance against Mayorga was not very impressive. Then he sat around for over a year after the Margarito fight and was getting worse due to advancing age.

Paul Williams beat Margarito 1.5 years before Mosley did and may have caused him to start cheating or beat him even though he was cheating. Williams lost to Quintana after that, but he avenged it with a 1st round TKO right after that and then went on to win three straight fights before fighting Martinez. Martinez was undeniably very competitive in that fight and I felt he at least deserved a draw. He then went on to beat a bigger fighter in Pavlik (a month before the Mosley-Mayweather fight) and KO Williams in the 2nd ( I know that was after).

In any case, Floyd decided to fight Marquez even though he had not been
                    campaigning at 147 or 154, so Floyd has made an exception.
                    You're saying Mosley was worse due to age but are crying about Martinez being deserving of a fight at age 39/40?

I honestly don't believe what I read sometimes

Comment

You're saying Mosley was worse due to age but are crying about Martinez being deserving of a fight at age 39/40?

I honestly don't believe what I read sometimes
                      He just dominated a guy who outweighed him by 15+ pounds and is 11 years younger and has shown no obvious signs of major decline. I was fine with the Mosley fight at that time actually, but my main point is Martinez looks to be performing at a higher level now then Mosley was then since the Margarito win is hard to judge since he was likely cheating for at least a little while before the Mosley fight and the Mayorga performance was hardly impressive.

Even if you don't think Martinez is then it doesn't mean he has been performing poorly and is not worthy of a shot at all.

I definitely do think Martinez is more deserving than say Canelo who looks like he is being set up for a Mayweather fight.
                      Last edited by RapidFire26; 12-26-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X