Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched all of Joe Calzaghe's losses...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
    To give Slapsie his credit, I thought Hopkins bought time by faking low blows twice in that fight. Although I usually score it around 115-112/114-113 for Bore Hard, in the second half he was being made to fight at a pace he didn't like.

The key part of that fight is either Slapsie being knocked down, or Hopkins being dry humped.

And Daggum's "every time Hopkins fights..." sig cracks me up every time.

The only people I've seen definitely beat Bore Hard are Royston and Chad.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
      Came here looking for Daggum. Was not disappointed.
      come for daggum, stay for the idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
        nope. I mean out-landed. he threw a lot of punches, missed a lot too. the punches he did land were more than what hopkins did though because hopkins barely even threw.
        except that's just not true. its' been analyzed to death. you think calzaghe is landing when he really isn't and you are probably missing a lot of the punches hopkins lands while calzaghe is flailing desperately. so if you think calzaghe won based on more punches landed you are simply wrong.

Comment

Its funny how nobody cares about Calzaghe in boxing. If it wasn't for his 2-3 fanboys making threads here and there his name would never come up. He's just another sven ottke or Zolt Erdie. No one cares

Comment

Hopkins faked those low blows by forcing Zaghe to hit him low, Its so obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
              Yeah, I'm not a fan of Calzaghe, then again I'm not a fan of B-Hop either so I think my opinion is pretty neutral on the matter. I thought Calzaghe won that fight though. True, a lot of his punches were ugly but he still out landed Hopkins by a significant margin in almost every round. Styles make fights though and that weird style of Calzaghe just wasn't the business for Hops awkward style too. I wouldn't say Calzaghe was a better fighter than Hop, just one of those fighters who gives a great fighter problems. Gives a lot more credit to Calzaghe's record now that Hopkins is almost 50 and still beating dudes up too though.
              Every round, all significant punches were landed by Hop. Zags outthrew bit didn't outland. And what did land were not even meaningful. Arm punches.

I can't even imagine a neutral set of eyes can watch that on a hd tv and think he won it.

It was ugly, but defense, ring generalship and meaningful punches were all by Hopkins.

Comment

He ducked Glen Johnson.

Plus those joke stoppages could've made Nathan Cleverly a future HOF as well.

Comment

Working...
                X