Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Klitschkos were two brothers from Detroit or Philadelphia...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll result shows most people realize the Klitschko haters would feel differently about them if they were two brothers from Philadelphia or Detroit.

Comment

• I think if the Klitshcko's were American, American's would warm to them a lot more than they do at this moment in time and they would be quite huge stars in the U.S.

That's just the way American's tend to be.

Comment

• Americans (mostly Mayweather fans) tend to dislike foreign fighters who make a name for themselves. Look at how they treat Pacquiao, Matthysse, GGG, the Klitschko's etc. It's envy.

If the K2 bros were from Detroit and came out rapping into the ring they'd be loved by the same people that hate them and call them boring. They'd actually be viewed as "crafty".

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          Americans (mostly Mayweather fans) tend to dislike foreign fighters who make a name for themselves. Look at how they treat Pacquiao, Matthysse, GGG, the Klitschko's etc. It's envy.

If the K2 bros were from Detroit and came out rapping into the ring they'd be loved by the same people that hate them and call them boring. They'd actually be viewed as "crafty".
          Broner raps when he enters the ring and guess how many people that don't like him that are American? A lot of people don't like him. Most people who like Floyd doesn't even like Broner. Just go to one of his videos and look how Floyd fans attack him. One thing I have noticed is that Mayweather fans do not like Broner. A lot of black people don't even like him as well for w/e reason.
          Last edited by Zano-24; 07-25-2013, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
            I didn't say this at all. Never said anything about the UK not having any racists at all. The problem just isn't as widespread here. I gave my opinion, just please refrain in future from putting words in my mouth and making assumptions. Thanks!
            But how can you ask to take his livelihood away?

That's the only thing he does. That, and read all Freedoms opinions and pass them on as his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I think if the Klitshcko's were American, American's would warm to them a lot more than they do at this moment in time and they would be quite huge stars in the U.S.

That's just the way American's tend to be.
              I've noticed the American media people (Teddy Atlas, Max Kellerman, Al Bernstein, etc) have always been very negative about SOME American boxers, such as Kelly Pavlik, Peter Manfredo, Rocky Marciano, etc. yet have nothing but praise for others such as Deontay Wilder, Adrien Broner, and Muhammed Ali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                I've noticed the American media people (Teddy Atlas, Max Kellerman, Al Bernstein, etc) have always been very negative about SOME American boxers, such as Kelly Pavlik, Peter Manfredo, Rocky Marciano, etc. yet have nothing but praise for others such as Deontay Wilder, Adrien Broner, and Muhammed Ali.
                Oh come on man, that's just racist...

Comment

you are one of the most racially sensitive posters on this forum. How about giving it a rest and just talking about the boxing? Maybe next time you start a thread see if you can not be the first person to bring up the color of peoples' skin? You're a solid enough poster when you refrain from the holier than thou race stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                    you are one of the most racially sensitive posters on this forum. How about giving it a rest and just talking about the boxing? Maybe next time you start a thread see if you can not be the first person to bring up the color of peoples' skin? You're a solid enough poster when you refrain from the holier than thou race stuff.
                    I can't ignore it, it's always there.

Yesterday, I hear John Rawlings discrediting and openly rooting against Pulev and Abraham yesterday. I go to another website, and I see hate threads about Pulev. I come here, and I see LacedUp and FrankieBruno's hate threads about Pulev.

The same people who said Thompson would beat Pulev are now saying Thompson is old and washed up and beating him means nothing. How quickly they forget Thompson was ranked in the top ten by BoxRec, The Ring, Boxingscene, etc.

Day after day I see the same people making their hateful comments against the Klitschkos here and on other boxing websites.

I have a dream that someday all boxers - in fact all people - will be given fair respect and credit for their accomplishments and performances without prejudice.

Comment

I can't ignore it, it's always there.

Yesterday, I hear John Rawlings discrediting and openly rooting against Pulev and Abraham yesterday. I go to another website, and I see hate threads about Pulev. I come here, and I see LacedUp and FrankieBruno's hate threads about Pulev.

The same people who said Thompson would beat Pulev are now saying Thompson is old and washed up and beating him means nothing. How quickly they forget Thompson was ranked in the top ten by BoxRec, The Ring, Boxingscene, etc.

Day after day I see the same people making their hateful comments against the Klitschkos here and on other boxing websites.

I have a dream that someday all boxers - in fact all people - will be given fair respect and credit for their accomplishments and performances without prejudice.

Comment

Working...
                      X