Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Matinez aint ATG right now but ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Matinez aint ATG right now but ...

Who else would you ask him to beat to make that list?

Tons of instructed boxing fans in this section so enlight me please.

Thanks

Ward for a start, Mayweather, Froch, Golovkin after a few decent wins, theres no one at middleweight that can make him an ATG.

That list i made above is pretty unrealistic.

Martinez is never gunna be an ATG.

Comment

He has maybe upto 2-3 years left, hes got time yet IMO
      6 time world champion in 2 divisions?!

It also depends how opposition hes beaten bounces back. I mean if Macklin keeps chipping away, Barker comes back strong it will help and increase the quality of those wins.

Comment

The middleweight division is very deep. Many of the middleweight ATGs have a lot of defenses & such

I think its safe to say he will not surpass Hagler, Greb, Hopkins, Robinson & the likes but I think he'll probably go down as the second greatest Argentinian middleweight behind Monzon.

That said I fail to see how say Golovkin for example does anything for his standing.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
          Ward for a start, Mayweather, Froch, Golovkin after a few decent wins, theres no one at middleweight that can make him an ATG.
          Ward,May,Froch and GGG!!??

you asking for to much.....that unlikeable wins will make him a true candidate to figther of the decade....

Comment

Just clean out 160.

He doesn't need to drain himself to make 154 or fight bigger guys at 168. Just being an undisputed champ at 160 with wins over Williams, Pavlik, Chavez Jr. and the current heavy hitters at 160 will be a strong case.

Comment

He'd have to clean out 160 or 154 in incredibly dominant fashion. I think it's too late for ATG status for Sergio.

Comment

Originally posted by El Vikingo View Post

you asking for to much.....that unlikeable wins will make him a true candidate to figther of the decade....
                ATG status isn't easy.

That's sort of the point

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  The middleweight division is very deep. Many of the middleweight ATGs have a lot of defenses & such

I think its safe to say he will not surpass Hagler, Greb, Hopkins, Robinson & the likes but I think he'll probably go down as the second greatest Argentinian middleweight behind Monzon.

That said I fail to see how say Golovkin for example does anything for his standing.
                  He could definitely surpass Hopkins at middle. I don't like Hopkins' middle resume. The problem is he doesn't have that much time left and the division doesn't have superstars in it...although GGG is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by El Vikingo View Post

Yer hence that would make him an ATG, You don't become an ATG by beating Macklikn, Barker and Dzinzurik.

Comment

Working...
                    X