Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a Mexican, I'm starting to lean towards Cotto....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im italian so I'm neutral. I like cotto as a fighter and as a person, but I also like how marg plays the perfect villan. He's tall and scary looking, admits he would die in the ring.

I'll just watch

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      I have e-points and real money on Marg and still think he has the advantage but something inside of me tells me Cotto is becoming more and more the favorite in this fight.

I understand all the pluses and negatives each fighter has but the eye of Marg really concerns me. I don't think the wraps had anything to do with for the record.

Not because I want to give Marg an excuse or think that loading your gloves won't matter but it wasn't a brick that fell out of Marg's gloves like most think. It was the wraps, the color of the wraps and when analyzed what elements were found in them.

Saying that, I think Marg might be a little more shop worn and wonder how badly the vision is in his right eye. Cotto isn't the same fighter either but maybe he can box his way to a UD in this one.

As the fight gets closer, I'm starting to think it will be closer than I first thought.
      That's just pre-fight jitters, Cua.

Funny you mentioned this, I was eating breakfast today and started to lean towards Margarito, but then I started thinking back to all the advantages Cotto has and held my ground on Cotto.

We as boxing fans tend to overanalyze everything. Hell, I remember watching the Mayweather/Ortiz on PPV live and remember thinking Floyd wouldn't be 100% coming into the ring because they were having technical difficulties with his entrance song. Something happened that Fifty Cent just stopped singing altogether and I thought, "Well, ****! How is a fighter supposed to get pumped if he doesn't have his entrance music?" Boy, am I an idiot...

I also remember thinking Foreman would beat Cotto because he was going to be a bigger fighter and be able to stick and move for a full 12 rounds. I honestly thought he was going to make Cotto look silly.

And I was worried about Jennings, too...

And I felt certain Cotto would beat Pacquiao because I felt Pacquiao wouldn't be able to take a shot from a true welterweight.

The only times I've been to big fights (live in attendance) was Juanma-Salido and Calderón-Segura I.

All in all, I'm bad in my predictions apparently. I'm also horrible luck for Puerto Rican fighters.

If Cotto loses this Saturday, it'll add further substance to my long list of Teddy Atlas-esque predictions. God, I hope I'm wrong. There are too many lives in the Cotto Express for it to happen. Will somebody think of the children?!

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post

Funny you mentioned this, I was eating breakfast today and started to lean towards Margarito, but then I started thinking back to all the advantages Cotto has and held my ground on Cotto.

We as boxing fans tend to overanalyze everything. Hell, I remember watching the Mayweather/Ortiz on PPV live and remember thinking Floyd wouldn't be 100% coming into the ring because they were having technical difficulties with his entrance song. Something happened that Fifty Cent just stopped singing altogether and I thought, "Well, ****! How is a fighter supposed to get pumped if he doesn't have his entrance music?" Boy, am I an idiot...

I also remember thinking Foreman would beat Cotto because he was going to be a bigger fighter and be able to stick and move for a full 12 rounds. I honestly thought he was going to make Cotto look silly.

And I felt certain Cotto would beat Pacquiao because I felt Pacquiao wouldn't be able to take a shot from a true welterweight.

The only times I've been to big fights (live in attendance) was Juanma-Salido and Calderón-Segura I.

All in all, I'm bad in my predictions apparently. I'm also horrible luck for Puerto Rican fighters.

If Cotto loses this Saturday, it'll add further substance to my long list of Teddy Atlas-esque predictions. God, I hope I'm wrong. There are too many lives in the Cotto Express for it to happen. Will somebody think of the children?!
        Great post man and I will then ask you one thing.

How much money do I need to give you so you can then watch your man Cotto fight live? Hehehehe

Comment

I have e-points and real money on Marg and still think he has the advantage but something inside of me tells me Cotto is becoming more and more the favorite in this fight.

I understand all the pluses and negatives each fighter has but the eye of Marg really concerns me. I don't think the wraps had anything to do with for the record.

Not because I want to give Marg an excuse or think that loading your gloves won't matter but it wasn't a brick that fell out of Marg's gloves like most think. It was the wraps, the color of the wraps and when analyzed what elements were found in them.

Saying that, I think Marg might be a little more shop worn and wonder how badly the vision is in his right eye. Cotto isn't the same fighter either but maybe he can box his way to a UD in this one.

As the fight gets closer, I'm starting to think it will be closer than I first thought.
          As a Brit and someone who wants Cotto to win, I think you're just getting worried about your money and e-points.

There's no reason (bar the eye/wraps) that Margarito shouldn't win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post

LOL

true fan right here. nice post bro

Comment

Great post man and I will then ask you one thing.

How much money do I need to give you so you can then watch your man Cotto fight live? Hehehehe
              Hell, if I had money to burn like some people, I'd do it, but I just can't.

Airfare+Hotel+Tickets+Spending money (snacks, beverages, etc.)= too much $$$$ to throw away for a fight weekend.

I'd absolutely LOVE to be there, but then...knowing my track record for big fights, I'd shoot myself if Cotto lost.

I'd be like, "WHY COTTO WHY?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno View Post
                Never go against la raza, you will regret this.

Comment

I have e-points and real money on Marg.....
                  Hey that JMM picture in your avatar, where is that from?

Comment

Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
                    Hey that JMM picture in your avatar, where is that from?
                    Forgot where I got that from.

Comment

I'm actually getting more confident as the days go by. Don't get me wrong, if it goes to the judges I'm going to say "Oh ****!" but Cotto's fight with Mayorga has told me a lot about Cotto. Yes Cotto did looked good but it still showed me a broken boxer and he doesn't like to get hit and take it like he used to.

Comment

Working...
                      X