Jeff Mayweather: Assessing Pacquiao’s weaknesses and Floyd’s mental state

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
    the WIDE punches part was on point
    No problem with that. Pac throws them at times. Trouble is, can you can see them enough to dodge them.

Comment

Uncle Jeff definitely took ........

“I’m not ashamed to say that Pacquiao is a great fighter as well. I also know that styles make fights and anybody who tries to fight Pacquiao is going to be in trouble. But somebody who can outbox him and outthink him has a great chance of beating him.”
      is this what i think it is? an admission that PACQUIAO is greater than FLOYD saying that "floyd only has a great CHANCE of beating him?" and not "floyds gonna outbox and outhink and beat him? finally.

Comment

Probably, that's what is going to happen. Mayweather will not try to fight Pacquiao on the inside. Pacquiao has advantage in speed, but not enough to outspeed Mayweather completely.

I really want to see Pacquiao landing his big punches, but i just don't see it happening.

Comment

jeff how can you compare marquez and pac at this weight and stage of their careers. marquez was the perfect opponent for floyd, small, style, power. so how exactly is floyd going to do the same thing to pac? pac has speed, agression, and power to keep floyd defensive all night.

Comment

Originally posted by fcastro1 View Post
            jeff how can you compare marquez and pac at this weight and stage of their careers. marquez was the perfect opponent for floyd, small, style, power. so how exactly is floyd going to do the same thing to pac? pac has speed, agression, and power to keep floyd defensive all night.
            He didnt compare them , he said Floyd would beat Pac with the same dominance picking him apart , you guys are are going to be in for a shock when Floyd plays the raging bull like a fiddle .

Comment

Originally posted by DiLLiNGER View Post
              suprised no one came in and labelled him a "crackhead"
              Jeff's cool. Always liked him.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by RodBarker View Post
                He didnt compare them , he said Floyd would beat Pac with the same dominance picking him apart , you guys are are going to be in for a shock when Floyd plays the raging bull like a fiddle .
                140+ mayweather is overated. why has he not fought the best at these divisions because he is fragile, pac will dermolish him.

Comment

Jeff just told the truth.The interviewer was ******ed,how dare he ask leading questions?

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                    people constantly bring this up, floyd throws alot of 1/2's along with those 1 shots. throwing combinations needlessly is what scored pac the knockdown which lost jmm his close desicion and left him grasping the ropes as well in their second fight. pac was not so eager to engage that fight as he had few openings to do so. hes not going to just be this crazy offensive machine against floyd, hell have to excersize caution and pick his spots.

Well people think Pac would just come in there and just start throwing punches from different angle and landing them against Mayweather, I cant wait for this fight enough. People would see the different between a class fighter and a less class fighter when Pac get in there.

Comment

Uncle Jeff definitely took notice this past November 14th when Pacquiao displayed his best abilities in dissecting and dominating Cotto. It was a performance that was explosive and impressive, but still Mayweather sees some weaknesses in Pacquiao’s overall attack.

“Don’t get me wrong it was a great win but there were three things that I saw in that fight,” Mayweather points out. “The first I noticed is that Margarito basically killed Cotto’s career. Cotto is not the same fighter and he showed the same vulnerability he showed when he fought Clottey. The only difference is that Clottey didn’t have the same mentality to go finish him like Pacquiao. Clottey was content to hurt him but when he was busted up and ready to quit he didn’t make him quit.”

While Pacquiao was able to adapt to Cotto and eventually control their fight Mayweather feels that a bout with Floyd would look much different. It doesn’t have as much to do with Pacquiao’s abilities as much as it has to do with what Floyd brings to the table, Jeff insists.

“One thing that Cotto did show during the short time where he was doing well was just how easy it was to outbox Manny Pacquiao,” Jeff recalls. “With that being said, to be honest, Pacquiao has nothing more than a puncher’s chance against Floyd. I think we’ll see a replay of Mayweather-Marquez. If Pacquiao doesn’t catch Floyd with a big shot I don’t see him doing anything. The only punch he can land against him is the hook and it is very powerful. The other punches he throws are just too wide. Basically Floyd can stay on the outside and basically pick him apart.”

At that point the conversation took a drastic turn when Uncle Jeff was asked exactly how he is able to keep an objective mind when assessing his own nephew’s abilities. Elaborating further Jeff notes that while blood runs deep, he is able to take the Mayweather persona out of the equation and assess Floyd Jr. alone by his talents in the ring.

When pinned with the reality that because of his name value Jeff will always have some sort of tag associated with him, all he does is shrug. While others may point towards possible favoritism, all Jeff can do is call a spade a spade.
                      “Everyone is going to say I’m biased but I just take things for how I see them,” Jeff claims. “I’m not ashamed to say that Pacquiao is a great fighter as well. I also know that styles make fights and anybody who tries to fight Pacquiao is going to be in trouble. But somebody who can outbox him and outthink him has a great chance of beating him.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-22973-Las-...s-mental-state
                      Cotto was off because he didn't Evangalista in his corner, there was no boxing people in his team, and you can tell because offensively he wasn't sharp. Jeff should know better that it wasn't Margarito that "killed" his career. Poor analysis by Jeff.
                      Last edited by Boxingwizard; 12-09-2009, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X