Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson quote in SI "There are no stars in the heavyweight division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson quote in SI "There are no stars in the heavyweight division.

"There are no stars in the heavyweight division. [Vitali Klitschko] is a great fighter but he's not exciting, he's not a superstar. You don't draw the people like that. When you're the heavyweight champ of the world, the whole world should know who you are."

This is from this week's Sports Illustrated. I think it's supposed to be Wlad he's talking about but the point is the same either way.

He's absolutely right.

Comment

Tyson is 100% right. No hate just how it is.

Comment

I agree with Mike. Nothing against Wlad or Vitali.

Comment

Hes right not just the HW division there are many divisions with champs who dont have the charisma/excitement package but they have great skills like. Klitchko I think was ruined after his losses hes so safe he will risk nothing thats his problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
            Hes right not just the HW division there are many divisions with champs who dont have the charisma/excitement package but they have great skills like. Klitchko I think was ruined after his losses hes so safe he will risk nothing thats his problem.

Agree partially, and partially I think it's just the Mason Dixon thing; there's really no fight (well, there is one, but I'll leave that alone, as we know they'll never make it...) that would define him as a fighter. As it stands, WK's career is defined by stoppages, not by a solid victory in a tough fight over a good fighter.

Comment

I agree with Mike. Even though HW is not that good, people ( casual fans ) still know who the Wlad or Vitali is. But they just know the name, then would talk of Pac, PBF, etc... Just imagine if the brothers have the aura,charisma of a superstar.

Comment

Tyson is a moron

The Klitschko brothers are huge superstars

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2009 View Post
                  Tyson is a moron

The Klitschko brothers are huge superstars
                  Maybe in Germany and some of Eastern Europe, but would the average American, Brit, Mexican, etc. recognize them? No way. Tyson was 100% correct. Guarantee he is more recognizable to the man on the street than both K bros.

Comment

The klitschkos are big in germany, i dont spose they care about the other places

Comment

Working...
                    X