No announcement yet.

1988 Mike Tyson vs. 1964 Sonny Liston

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Mike Tyson vs. 1964 Sonny Liston

22 yrs.old Mike Tyson vs. 34 yrs.old Sonny Liston. Liston just demolished Floyd Patterson in the first round who used the Peak a boo Style, and was also trained by the legendary Cus D'amato while Mike Tyson just annihilated Michael Spinks in 91 seconds, and TKO'ed Larry Holmes in the 3rd round.

Last edited by BlackSnakeMamba; 01-15-2014, 07:54 PM.

Since that was the peak of tyson and the end for liston, i gotta go with tyson via early ko

liston from the late 50s would have been a much harder person to beat and a fight between that version of liston would probably be 50/50
    moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Speaking of Sonny Liston his real age was revealed in the 1940's Census. He was born in 1930 (not 1932).

http://aarontallent.com/?p=3037

Comment

Remember the Holmes bout was against a very far from prime Holmes! In Larrys prime I doubt Mike gets the drop on Larry that easily in fact I doubt he wins at all.
        Against Sonny Mike will have his chance as he would against anyone EARLY!
        If he can't do damage in the first 3 rounds than the tide will turn even with Sonny who was a very methodical fighter void of a great pace, however he could punch hard and had a very educated jab! It would have been a very good fight I think. Mike hit much harder than Floyd and was as fast as Floyd in many respects as a younger fighter.

Why can't these fantasy bout be held on equal terms? Does Sonny need to have a temperature and a cold too?
        Ray.

Comment

Liston was ducked by everyone and he was already over the hill when he KOed Patterson. I think he was an underrated monster with an iron jaw. Tyson was a monster too. He would come strait at Liston and trade bombs. I can't see Tyson taking Liston's power very long but Liston could take Tyson's punch in my opinion. I pick Liston to KO Tyson in 4 rounds or less.

Comment

Working...
          X