Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jorge Linares actually that good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I'm just a bit surprised by the amount of boxing fans I've seen saying that Linares is a firm favourite this weekend.

The bookies have Crolla a slight favourite, which in fairness I was a bit surprised at. But I think Crolla tenacity and mental toughness is going to be a nightmare for someone like Linares

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      He's talented.

Decent skills.

Just lacks durability, ring IQ and mental game.

Good fighter but not elite.
      Then whoever compared him to Khan is about right.

I always thought Khan's problem is actually lack of ring IQ. Yeah his chin isn't good but it's his ring IQ and switching off for a moment that seems to land him in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Then whoever compared him to Khan is about right.

I always thought Khan's problem is actually lack of ring IQ. Yeah his chin isn't good but it's his ring IQ and switching off for a moment that seems to land him in trouble
        Id say the vast majority of fights who have crap chins have an inability to see or anticipate shots that coming. Normal shots become 'the shot you dont see' because either their reactions or their ring iq simply isnt good enough.

Comment

talented guy and a very promising offensive fighter at one point, but you need more than that to box at the highest level.

i'll never forget listening to emanuel steward and jim lampley compare him to ray robinson while watching the kid literally rolling his chin the wrong way with shots. i understand that HBO is in the business of promoting and selling fighters, but it was just absurd. within a few rounds he was all bloody IIRC

Comment

hes a slapper, doesnt have world class power

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              did you even watch the fight?

Linares won nearly every round up until his face was turned into mush.
              A fighter who can't take punch accumulation through suspect defence is no better than a crude brawler, because he has a poor defence but can box he's better than the guy who beat him right ? I'm not sold by that rationale.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                I think boxing is all about levels which Linares is a level below DeMarco who really isn't world level , title holder sure. He's a loser on the top stage, Crolla is easily more durable and lets be honest Linares isn't at all a considered a durable fighter. He's skilled more so than Crolla, I think it's a fairly even fight. I'd favor Crolla with the home advantage, possibly late stoppage through accumulation or TKO.

I'm not sure what a win over Linares proves no doubt they'll be a clamour to include him in the p4p rankings by the British after he wins, their seems to be a place for Frampton with wins over limited guys like Quigg and Cruz.
                Wtf? Just because Linares lost to him doesn't mean he's a level below. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Wtf? Just because Linares lost to him doesn't mean he's a level below. Lol
                  Oh ok I got it he lost so he's as good as him right, like Matthysse isn't worst than Danny Garcia. Smh !!

Comment

He cuts easy. Offense wise I think he is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
                      Oh ok I got it he lost so he's as good as him right, like Matthysse isn't worst than Danny Garcia. Smh !!
                      Good one...?

Why bother explaining something to you that you clearly just don't understand.

Comment

Working...
                      X