Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What percentage of white Americans are racist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on how you define "racist". Everyone is racist in some way. In terms of outward racism, I'll quote an friend of my wife's (who is first generation Chinese American), "White people are the least racist people in America". I agree, but not because they're any different but because we're conditioned to care a lot more than people of other "races". I've heard way more outwardly racist comments from asians, hispanics and blacks. They say whatever they want and don't blink. Whenever I see a white guy/gal say something that's even remotely racist they get sheepish and backtrack. Even more, many white people don't say a lot of things that they're thinking because they're deathly afraid of someone thinking they're racists.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
      From experience I'd say at least 50%. I think the white people I know are a good representation of white people in general. It's not like I live in the deep south. I live in SAn Diego and the racists I know don't seem like white trash until you get to know them and see their racist side.
      More like 10% if at that. Most times they just say sht out of rage more than hate. But honestly everyone is racist to an extend. Doesn't matter where you come from.

Comment

I believe everyone is prejudiced in one form or another.

There are probably more racists than we know. Both those that make it known and those that keep it to themselves.

What' interesting is that during tragic events people will come to each others' aide regardless of race or nationality. But when it's all over, its back to being racist again.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Everyone's racist, lol..

Racism is usually a problem with people that don't live in multi-cultural communities.

Living in the Bay Area you become so welcome with everyone's different culture that there's really no need for racism, but moreso cracking jokes about what each other's races do in friendly **** talking.

Not to mention welcoming other ethnicity(s) into your life means more exotic food when you eat at someone's house.

Love talking **** with my mexican peeps lol they're hilarious.
          First line is truth, 2nd paragraph is bs. Bay Area is hella racist, they just play it off better. They pretend they're not racist, yet they still label everyone by race and treat people differently for it.

Racism isn't this big bad boogie man that its made out to be. Its a form of evolution and sociology at a basic form. To ignore patterns within groups of people (race being one way to organize) is just plain ignorant or a sheer unwillingness to see reality.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
            First line is truth, 2nd paragraph is bs. Bay Area is hella racist, they just play it off better. They pretend they're not racist, yet they still label everyone by race and treat people differently for it.

Racism isn't this big bad boogie man that its made out to be. Its a form of evolution and sociology at a basic form. To ignore patterns within groups of people (race being one way to organize) is just plain ignorant or a sheer unwillingness to see reality.

which race is teh most racist in bay area?

Comment

I don't know many white people but all the ones I'm really close with, deep down, when nobody else is listening or watching, all treat and view black people as different or "lower class"

I dated a white girl that was disgustingly racist towards black people. I even told her I ****ed a black girl once(when we were discussing each other's sexual history) and she got all weirded out and mad at me like I just raped somebody we almost broke up after I told her that but she still wanted the D lol

As I get older I just learn to accept that this world is chock full of ******ed , ignorant, crazy people.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-06-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent Stahl View Post
                which race is teh most racist in bay area?
                Tough to say. Asians are very racist here, blacks too...whites are "anti-racist" where they go out of their way to put on kiddie gloves when dealing with other races. Least is probably the Mexican community...then again they are treated as 2nd class by all the other races.

Comment

I mean legit racist cant be that high in percentage, we all talk ****.

I have black friends I talk shit to and crack racist shit but its all in jist, and vice versa. Its all in good understanding, you try that same shit on the internet and your 100% racist blah blah its like motherfuckers on the internet never had friends and dont know what shit talking and cracking jokes is all about.

everyone has some shit to say about another race, just to talk shit blah blah. Hell even if your not a racist you get into it with another person from X race you gonna let some words fly fuck em.

doesnt mean you a racist.
                  Last edited by E.B.H; 10-06-2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

First you would have to define "racist". Then you would have to define "white".

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                      Everyone's racist, lol..

Racism is usually a problem with people that don't live in multi-cultural communities.

Living in the Bay Area you become so welcome with everyone's different culture that there's really no need for racism, but moreso cracking jokes about what each other's races do in friendly **** talking.

Not to mention welcoming other ethnicity(s) into your life means more exotic food when you eat at someone's house.

Love talking **** with my mexican peeps lol they're hilarious.
                      I live in the bay all my life. You're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X