Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good of a trainer is Roger Mayweather???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good of a trainer is Roger Mayweather???

Seriously....i dont think he's done anything to improve Floyd's skills or career. The dude is just there to hold pads, yell and motivate in the corner to collect a paycheck.

I think Floyd pretty much trains himself. Roger holds the pads but does the same pad routines that Floyd has been doing since he was a kid. Floyd only looks blindingly fast working the mitts in training to the untrained eye because he's had the pattern memorized for 20+years already. Roger doesnt watch any film of Floyd's opponents and really doesnt say much of anything relevant for adjustment during fights. He just has positive feedback if Floyd is doing good and jumps on his case if he's not doing so good.

Roger is a good trainer. He knows his boxing and just because the HBO 24/7 cameras don't show he and Floyd going into detailed discussion about gameplans and opponents, doesn't mean they never do it.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
      Seriously....i dont think he's done anything to improve Floyd's skills or career. The dude is just there to hold pads, yell and motivate in the corner to collect a paycheck.

I think Floyd pretty much trains himself. Roger holds the pads but does the same pad routines that Floyd has been doing since he was a kid. Floyd only looks blindingly fast working the mitts in training to the untrained eye because he's had the pattern memorized for 20+years already. Roger doesnt watch any film of Floyd's opponents and really doesnt say much of anything relevant for adjustment during fights. He just has positive feedback if Floyd is doing good and jumps on his case if he's not doing so good.
      How do you know Roger doesn't watch film. Do you follow him around 24/7 or just watch a 1 minute snippet on TV. Roger is a boxing guru and lives and breathes boxing. For you to question his training techniques his laughable.

In your eyes, Roach is the only good trainer out there lol. Naive Pacman fans.

The stupidity of some people astonishes me,

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleM View Post
        How do you know Roger doesn't watch film. Do you follow him around 24/7 or just watch a 1 minute snippet on TV. Roger is a boxing guru and lives and breathes boxing. For you to question his training techniques his laughable.

lmao!!!! Thats too funny.

Comment

Why dont u provide some evidence of Roger doing or saying anything even remotely close to relevant with helping Floyd win a fight instead of talking smack???

I know the man knows his boxing. So do Sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns but both were **** as trainers.

And for the record I think Nacho Beristain is the best trainer out there. Freddie Roach has had some good fighters who already had good backgrounds win belts but it's hard to argue against 17world champions built from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
            Why dont u provide some evidence of Roger doing or saying anything even remotely close to relevant with helping Floyd win a fight instead of talking smack???

I know the man knows his boxing. So do Sugar Ray Leonard and Tommy Hearns but both were **** as trainers.

And for the record I think Nacho Beristain is the best trainer out there. Freddie Roach has had some good fighters who already had good backgrounds win belts but it's hard to argue against 17world champions built from scratch.
            Besides Beristain and Roach name trainers that the media go into detail about. These are guys who have been training for decades so they'll get way more media outlet of their details. Roger and Floyd Sr are good trainers, they don't have to say much because Floyd has been around them since he came out of his mom. So, Floyd knows what's up. And listen to the corner in between fights, he does tell Floyd what to do. Not everyone talks about their game plan in the media.

Comment

People sleep on Roger way too much. Listen to Floyd after the fight and hear what he says. He says that we just "followed the game plan" and stuck with it. They always have a plan wether you want to admit it or not. Also, listen to him in the corner. He's always spot on. I remember when Floyd was fighting Chop and it was about the 8th round. The whole previous 3 rounds or so you can hear Roger yelling at Floyd to go to the body but Floyd felt Chop was waiting for it and defending it. At the end of round 7 in the corner Roger gets upset and says you have to go to the body but Floyd is like, "Im telling you its not there". So the next round comes and you hear Roger right on HBO yell it in the ring for Floyd to go to the body and immediatly Floyd throws a lazer that hurts Chop and makes him pause. Roger yells "there it is". Then Floyd immediatly follows up with like 2 to the body and an uppercut that sends Chop running to the other side of the ring. Ill never forget that. When Floyd came back to the corner, Roger was looking at him like I told you

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQkX...eature=related

go to like 2:22 of the video and listen to Roger tell him to throw them body shots

Comment

So because Floyd didnt come into boxing a total disaster like Pac....he hasnt improved????

Comment

Mods, you can go ahead and close this thread cause this guy just deaded it.

Comment

Working...
                    X