Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the 2 best martial arts to be diciplined in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ
    Wrestling
    Last edited by American_Ninja; 11-09-2009, 10:04 PM.

Comment

i've always been a fan of Bjj/Gjj and Muay Thai but it seems that Wrestlers have taken the spot light as of late, they can decided where the game take place, but yeah i'll stick with Bjj and Muay Thai.

Comment

from what i've seen i'd say muay thai and wrestling or boxing and wrestling

Comment

easy,

xingyi/bagua/taiji

and anything else.

nobody here knows much about other martial arts it seems. i keep seeing bjj, wrestling, boxing, and mt over and over.

some of u guys need to get out more. there are a helluva lot more options.

Comment

Boxing and fencing.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
              easy,

xingyi/bagua/taiji

and anything else.

nobody here knows much about other martial arts it seems. i keep seeing bjj, wrestling, boxing, and mt over and over.

some of u guys need to get out more. there are a helluva lot more options.
              Lol what successful mixed martial artists do you see using any of your styles listed.

Comment

Originally posted by Move BRICKS View Post
                Lol what successful mixed martial artists do you see using any of your styles listed.
                none of course im pretty sure the audience couldn't handle the blood and violence. unfortunately those styles arnt ways to simply restrain some one with out hurting them like BJJ. which never made sense to me, like say some one has a knife pointed at me well i could grip up their arm wrestle around with them, assuming their some what large i might have a difficult time, finally get them on the ground then do some type of arm bar till they submit or i break their arm. as opposed to a quick (im not sure of the name but i think its called phoenix eye where you have your index finger knuckle pointed out with your thumb backing it) phoenix eye to the inside of their arm at the elbow as you knock their hand away with your other hand then step in for a chop to the throat, completely incapacitating the person all in a matter of a second perhaps even less if your good.

do you guys even learn how to punch and defend punches in bjj? or is it just locks and stuff and as far as defending and punching do you only learn that sparring?
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 11-11-2009, 02:33 AM.

Comment

wing tsun (not wing chun)

Comment

Judo. since most fight (street fights) involving grabbing the clothes and wrestling to the ground..

Comment

tough choice...

You definitely need a ground game, bjj would allow you to finish the fight on the ground while wrestling would allow you to dominate position. As far as stand up goes boxing would give you great footwork, teach you how to move your head and make your hands lethal, but Muay thai looks tempting as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X