No announcement yet.

What happened to Pacquiao's fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
    I was always a huge Pacquiao fan but to be honest the Floyd fight really pissed me off. Not that he lost, but the fact that he couldn't just man up and admit he lost. And not only did he think he won, but apparently he did it with a torn shoulder that somehow the sea magically healed.

To make matters worse he decides he'll prove he's still great by fighting Bradley a 3rd time and now he's taking on the great and mighty Vargas? No thanks. I supported a lot of his blatant cash grabs but I said no to Bradley 3 and I'll pass on Vargas.

Furthermore a part of me hates Pacquiao, and Mayweather, because they set up this BS blueprint for the new generation. Take easy fights and build the real fights up for years. As much as Pacquiao and Mayweather did for the sport I'm afraid they hurt it in the long run.
    Pacquiao Earned what he did in the 2nd half of his career. He went Life in death in one of the most competitive years in featherweight history. He fought Three Mexican greats in the span of 2 years, a roster to fight Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Agapito Sanchez, Juan Manuel Marquez, in those years, The Pacquiao that fought from 2001 - 2008 deserved the Paydays and the fame, for what he did in those seven years, and almost won them all. He earned the right to be the star of the sport because he fought for it. Blame fighters of today, not Pacquiao because he had nothing to do with the ducking blue print that Garcia is now using and the other welterweights. They are expecting to have the second half of Pacs career while not doing the first half.

Comment

• buuuuuuuuuuuuump

Comment

• MayPac happened. Most manny fans were just floyd haters, after floyd beat him they jumped ship.

Comment

• I remember in the 2011 time frame they were bascially all over NSB. You couldn't say Pacquiao's name in vein without getting Red K.

Comment

• Originally posted by don larryx View Post
            yep, they left their old accounts and came back with new alts and are now GGG fans look at the join dates of all these alts all after 5/2/2015..even the old Manny fans who stayed are now GGG fans..it is pathetic
            Originally posted by don larryx View Post
            Manny had some real **** fans, and now they have completely abandoned a certified All time great
            The ones who posted got it right about your agenda.

Nobody abandoned Manny. Its like saying that Floyd fans abandoned Floyd because there was no interest in the Berto fight.

I will be watching and many others too. One way or another.

This fight actually has some potential. Vargas win against Ali surprised people and definitely boosted Vargas's confidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by i got the keys View Post
              I remember in the 2011 time frame they were bascially all over NSB. You couldn't say Pacquiao's name in vein without getting Red K.
              They were buying 23k rep accounts for real money just to give red karma

Comment

• I agree he was the anti Floyd and since he was handled the air came out of that balloon. But there were other things, resistance on testing, getting sparked by Marquez, then finally the capitulation on testing, then the feigning injury, there were a lot of undercurrents that tainted the brand.

Comment

• Everyone's star eventually fades over time.. Look how Tyson went out.

But Pacquiao everyone knows, once the first knockdown came in PacMarquez IV he was no longer superman.
                  Then, came

- Round 5 KO by Marquez
                  - Becoming a religious Christian nut
                  - The easy fights: Algieri, Rios, Bradley, now Vargas
                  - The ALL EYES ON BOXING fight vs Mayweather: Here was the huuuge fault!! Pacquiao had gained back his brand to respectable again to finally launch the hype vs Mayweather.

I remember fight week of MayPac was insane. Then, came the fight and it was such a dud. Pac was not constant aggressive, and not throwing. Mayweather just pot shot and move to another decisive , boring win.

Boxing has yet to recover from that fight. HBO is not televising fights as much; Canelo is hiding from GGG following mayweathers steps to hype fights.

No one really took the torch from Mayweather & Pacquiao as the next great fighter. Canelo lost to Mayweather.

At this point, Pacquiao just finding for himself with extra checks. Only way hype is back is if he knocks out Vargas, then goes out to challenge Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by don larryx View Post
                    yet ya'll support GGG no matter who he fights??? damn be loyal the man has given ya'll every damn thing and ya'll leave him for someone who has given you nothing
                    I think it's laughable that the flo mos say the PAC fans are now ggg fans. I they aren't! What happened to PACboy and all those die hard fans they straight disappeared

Comment

• On some real shyt, this PPV is stacked.

Comment

Working...
                      X