Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Career Plan, Title Fight Layout Revealed By Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
    I appreciate your honesty but honestly Jennings went the distance with Vlad and then got battered and knocked out by Ortiz. What is it exactly that Ortiz lacks? Every fighter has weaknesses. By saying what he lacks is what will work against him can be said for every boxer of all time that has lost a fight. So far, Ortiz has looked solid and is a serious threat to any top 10 heavyweight.
    Style makes fights.. Jennings did not stick and fight with Wlad like he did with Ortiz and Ortiz hurt him every time he tried to trade.. What Ortiz lacks is his ability to maintain his range.. He forte is his upper cut and hooks and not the down the throat shots.. As I said earlier, we don't even know if he has a good engine.. It's one thing to KO an avg opponent and it's another to go the distance with the elite.. He is a threat for anybody in HW and not someone guys like Wlad, Fury cannot overcome..

Comment

Originally posted by Superman#1 View Post
      I think Heard was a poor choice for Ortiz. Ortiz needs prime exposure NOW due to his age. His best bet was to fight Library Pulev and force his rankings higher. Fights against a Pulev, Walsch, Chagaev, Browne, or Charles Martin (being former title holder) would improve his resume to force a title shot in 2017 more than Scott. In fact, I'd have him fight Pulev then as he pushes for leverage Walsch .....that would seem to force a fight with an alphabet holder. Scott does little to nothing for his resume. Higher risk than reward.... due to low to virtually no reward.
      Ortiz vs Pulev is the right fight for Ortiz right now. Higher reward due to Pulev's ranking but VERY very winnable fight. Scott has a far far lesser ranking but is as good as Pulev.
      Who the **** is Walsch and do you honestly think fighting Charles Martin would improve his resume?? The guy only had a title because it was stripped from Fury and Glazkov took a dive. He hasn't beat anyone. His biggest fight was Joshua who made quick work of him. I agree that Scott doesn't have a shot but I really don't think Chagaev, Browne or Martin bring anything to the table that Scott doesn't. Browne is undefeated but the only decent opponent he beat was Chagaev and he was juiced for that fight.

Comment

Yeah because Golden Boy were really doing a great job promoting him and accelerating his rise to the upper echelon of the HW division...
        Actually Golden Boy did a tremendous job with him. They got him the Jennings fight, several appearances on HBO, and guided him to the WBA interim championship.

They did wonders for his exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayehammer View Post
          I think ortiz is overrated by the boxing heads.
          Dont get me wrong hes strong and powerful.
          but once a fighter has figured him out hes toast. and that wont be scott. He might give him trouble landing for a few rounds. but once he lands on malik its over.
          Why doesn't Haye get in the ring with him? Of yeah, he's still on his bum of the month tour. ****, Haye won't even get in the ring with Briggs after he promised him the fight. At least Ortiz wants the big fights and is willing to make them with an opponent who isn't running scared. Who's Haye's next opponent again? Oh right, he doesn't have a fight scheduled even though his last fight was nearly 5 months ago against the Swiss Cheese HW champ.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Hearn stole this guy right out from underneath Golden Boy's nose.

Very sneaky and crafty if you ask me.
            This is why I red kd you shoulder, you shouldn't be writing about the morals of Hearn when Ortiz was free to sign and Eddie Hearn was apporoached by Ortiz.
            Oscar did exactly what your condoning with lemeuix and canelo which he was taken to court for and canelo was found guilty for it.
            Shouldn't talk about the morality of Eddie Hearn when Oscar is blatantly a sly and sneaky mothaf@cka ...a red k was in order.
            Not personal fella learn by it :-)
            Last edited by The plunger man; 10-13-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

You're talking a load of bullocks. I'll bet you're also one of those guys who thought Kell Brook would never take a tough fight.
              If Joshua was a fighter who was getting less attention and had less popular appeal, most of his detractors would be talking about this guy who is knocking out everybody and fighting quality competition especially considering he's only had 17 pro fights and a very limited amateur career.
              On the contrary, I like AJ, he's an offensive beast when he can get his shots off. I was there live to see him win his IBF title.

But like you said, he's only had a limited am career and 17 pro fights, he's still in the learning phase and if you took the "title" out of the mix, looking at his record he's beaten three prospects. The problem is Eddie selling him as the best heavyweight in the world before he's ready, there's that much value in him I can't see him taking risks with matching him too hard. Which is a good thing because again he's still only developing and AJ for sure wouldn't duck anyone, he likes to fight!

I just hope we get to see AJ in some good matchups, Klitschko would be a dream and I'd eat my words if that came together.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                This is why I red kd you shoulder, you shouldn't be writing about the morals of Hearn when Ortiz was free to sign and Eddie Hearn was apporoached by Ortiz.
                Oscar did exactly what your condoning with lemeuix and canelo which he was taken to court for and canelo was found guilty for it.
                Shouldn't talk about the morality of Eddie Hearn when Oscar is blatantly a sly and sneaky mothaf@cka ...a red k was in order.
                Not personal fella learn by it :-)
                Listen, boxing promoters have been shady for years and I don't condone any of it.

But it just seemed odd to me that Ortiz, out of the blue, would abruptly end a relationship that had been very fruitful for him and gotten him exposure on HBO. It was puzzling.

But once Hearn stepped into the picture it all suddenly became clear. There's no way that Ortiz would end a good thing on his own, not unless there was someone in the wings whispering promises of something better. This was almost for sure tampering on the part of Hearn. He's not pulling the wool over my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Listen, boxing promoters have been shady for years and I don't condone any of it.

But it just seemed odd to me that Ortiz, out of the blue, would abruptly end a relationship that had been very fruitful for him and gotten him exposure on HBO. It was puzzling.

But once Hearn stepped into the picture it all suddenly became clear. There's no way that Ortiz would end a good thing on his own, not unless there was someone in the wings whispering promises of something better. This was almost for sure tampering on the part of Hearn. He's not pulling the wool over my eyes.
                  Look m8 we really don't know what the situation was between Ortiz and golden boy...we don't know what fights he had lined up and what kind of purses he had made plus if it was that great of a relationship why didn't Ortiz continue on with Oscar and goldenboy try and keep hold of him
                  In my opinion m8 Oscar and golden boy seem only favour one fighter and show preferential treatment to and that's canelo.
                  Maybe Ortiz wanted bigger fights and golden boy were not getting them for him and you can't blame Ortiz for wanting to get the big guns and get the high profile fights and with Hearn having Joshua,Whyte and price and even having Haye in the uk as well the options are a lot better for Ortiz ...Ortiz went to Hearn not the other way round...how many times have you said boxing is business and your favourite fight did it by jumping from HBO to showtime...it happens....btw mate I won the battle with denium in the end didn't I lol

Comment

There are a number of fights for Ortiz to take in the UK and abroad. Chisora, Whyte, Haye, and Pulev just to name a few. I don't see him fighting Wlad, Wilder or AJ anytime soon though. He's way too dangerous and brings way too little money to the table.

Comment

Working...
                    X