Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest...Mayweather was boring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klitschko fury was boring , mayweather isnt boring. And judging by your username any fighter with skills is boring to you.

Comment

I find him boring because he rarely lands a flush shot. I don't know where people get this he's super accurate talk from. But 90% of the time nothing is landing heavily, not to mention he's not even landing as much as is seemingly perceived.

Comment

i always loved watching the maestro at work.

i feel a lot of you guys gotta learn to separate the sport from the person.

Comment

**** no. Not to me.

I appreciate art.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            I find him boring because he rarely lands a flush shot. I don't know where people get this he's super accurate talk from. But 90% of the time nothing is landing heavily, not to mention he's not even landing as much as is seemingly perceived.
            Yep has mastered framing a punch like a baseball catcher frames a pitch that was outside to make it look like it caught the corner.

Comment

there are different styles of fighting, his just wasn't your cup of tea, thanks for letting us know

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                I get that he was an extremely talented pugilist with stellar defensive skills, but can we at least be honest with ourselves. He was boring to watch. I know even his most rabid fans deep down find him boring, but won't admit this. Can we please drop all the pretence and just admit it: he's one of the most talented fighters of all time, but he was also one of the most boring. His 49-0 is an achievement, I admit, but out of the 49 fights there are probably only a few I find interesting, and that's being very generous.
                Mayweather vs Berto/MaidanaI/Alvarez/Cotto/Ortiz/ODLH/Gatti/Corley/Corrales and the two JLC fights were all exciting fights. So were fights with Augustus, Manfredy, and "Chicherito" Hernandez (Even vs Mosley/Ortiz/Judah had moments of excitement)

If you only find the "I eat three, to then have my opponent eat three" style exciting, I can see how someone could pan Floyd's entire career.

Comment

Comment

Young Mayweather was not boring to me. He beat guys up and looked amazing doing it. Old Mayweather just wanted the W. He was pretty boring, but I can respect the talent.

Comment

have u watched him before he moved to 147?

Comment

Working...
                      X