Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shumenov Reacts To Kovalev: If You Want Me, Just Ask!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fraud waited to sign with GBP to speak up, knowing full well Kovalev has an HBO contract.

Comment

It's obvious that GBP have signed Shumenov for the sake of getting his belt. He ain't bad, he's a pretty big, strong, guy who can bang a bit - he is however despite some pretty tricky movement, a fairly basic fighter. I think that BHop thinks he's quite beatable - and though I can see him giving Hopkins some problems, myself, I actually favour BHop.

Triangle theories suck, but it's worth recalling the way Kovalev and Shumenov dealt with their common opponent in Campillo. I'm interested to see what Hopkins makes of Beibut.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        It's obvious that GBP have signed Shumenov for the sake of getting his belt. He ain't bad, he's a pretty big, strong, guy who can bang a bit - he is however despite some pretty tricky movement, a fairly basic fighter. I think that BHop thinks he's quite beatable - and though I can see him giving Hopkins some problems, myself, I actually favour BHop.

Triangle theories suck, but it's worth recalling the way Kovalev and Shumenov dealt with their common opponent in Campillo. I'm interested to see what Hopkins makes of Beibut.
        basic fighters dont challenge for World titles in their 9th pro fite and win it in 10. I heard it was a robbery but anyways the fact he was ready then means he is good. He was an olympian as well. What i dont get is why they feeding him to Hopkins cuz grandpa takes your soul away (pavlik, cloud, maybe pascal we'll see).

Beibut is very calm and relaxed in there and instead of wasting energy moving around jumping, he has crafty skills. With that said his layoffs and recent opposition have been very disappointing.

Comment

This Shumi is a joke. Kovalevknocks him out inside 3.

Comment

Signs with GBP, calls out Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
              basic fighters dont challenge for World titles in their 9th pro fite and win it in 10. I heard it was a robbery but anyways the fact he was ready then means he is good. He was an olympian as well. What i dont get is why they feeding him to Hopkins cuz grandpa takes your soul away (pavlik, cloud, maybe pascal we'll see).

Beibut is very calm and relaxed in there and instead of wasting energy moving around jumping, he has crafty skills. With that said his layoffs and recent opposition have been very disappointing.
              Re: Campillo. Watch the fight. He got slapped around and Campillo won at least nine of 12 rounds. It wasn't remotely close. Possibly the biggest robbery of the past decade. Shumenov is the biggest fraud among the alphabet belt holders in boxing, holding a belt for four years without fighting legitimate opposition after being illegitimately given Campillo's belt. Kovalev would destroy him

Comment

gbp are interested in shumenov's money , kovalev will ko shumenov in max two rounds

Comment

This will all play out. Of course Shumenov is going to respond to Kovalev spouting off. 2014 could be really fun for the light heavy's. I bet Shumenov would have loved Kovalev calling him out when he was promoting himself. Would have been easier to make the fight instead of being with GBP and Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post

Anybody can challenge for a world title, but he got his ass beat 2X in title fight and got a robbery in a fight where he lost 10+ rounds.

He has only beaten 1 top 30 LHW guy, think about that, 1 top 30 fighter, got his ass beat by campillo 2X and is somehow a champ and people think he's good? THey are feeding him to hopkins because he wants the belt and Shumenov has millions already and basically has nothing to lose

Comment

You can tell you are a Kovalev fan but please don't skew the facts and talk about records. Shumenov in his 6th fight was fighting former World Champion, Montell Griffin while Kovalev was fighting a guy with a record of 2-5-1. In Sergey's first 15 fights, he was fighting guys with records of 1-3, 6-20, 17-15, 9-23. While Shumenov in his first 15 fights has fought 5 former or current world champions and guys with records of 22-0 and 23-0. There will always be haters of fighters but the truth of the matter is Shumenov's record in his 15 fights is unheard of and amazing when you compare it to others. In Shumenov's 5th fight, he was fighting a guy 26-2 while Kovalev was fighting a guy 6-20.

Comment

Working...
                      X