No announcement yet.

Fighters who are slick yet rough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters who are slick yet rough

Slick and rough are two very different description on fighting styles. The former refers to skill, those who displays the beauty and aesthetic quality of the sweet science, especially on defense Ex: Floyd. While the latter is the exact opposite. it's all about brawling and mauling, street fighters who are a not afraid to bend the rules Ex:Hatton

But what fighters fit both of these descriptions well? Fighters that stylistically, are both pretty and ugly.

Not to be confused with skilled boxers who could go to war. For instance; JMM is a highly skilled fighter but has been in many all out wars, but I've never seen him try to maul or rough anyone up.

Bernard Hopkins is a good example of what I'm looking for, so is Duran

How about Andre Ward?

Comment

Hagler comes to mind, as does Ezzard Charles.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        How about Andre Ward?
        I think thats a good example. Ward doesnt hit hard but he can be rough and tough on the inside, he holds, elbows, forearms, everything goes with ward.

I think Pac is pretty slick too but gets to war when he wants it. A young Oscar no doubt and Muhammad Ali, was as slick as they come yet knew every rough trick in the book. Wen to war with Frazier and fought Shavers in as hard a way as possible.

Comment

One of my favorite fighters come to mind "The Drunken Master" Emanuel Augustus.

One of the most versatile fighters I have ever seen.

EDIT: Sandy Saddler also
          Last edited by U_TALKING_2_ME?; 01-02-2014, 12:27 PM.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            <----A picture is worth a thousand words...
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Smoking joe fraizer

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                How about Andre Ward?
                That's the best example I can think of.

Comment

Two fighters that instantly pop up in my mind are Eusebio Pedroza and John Conteh.

Comment

Harold Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                    X