Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: I'll Be Talking To Arum on Martinez vs Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arum will ignore his calls then say he doesnt know who to contact to make a Martinez fight.then he will say September isnt enough time for him to build the stadium he needs to make this fight happen

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      Arum will ignore his calls then say he doesnt know who to contact to make a Martinez fight.then he will say September isnt enough time for him to build the stadium he needs to make this fight happen
      it's like clockwork....

Comment

yeah good luck negotiating with the devil's stepson

Comment

I think this is all because Chavez Sr got involved. Martinez touched a nerve talking down to his son like that. Chavez is a man of honor and cojones. He can't let his son be dogged in the media. I think he is the one pushing for the fight.

Comment

I wouldn't be shocked if Chavez beats Martinez.

The biggest advantage to rehydrating 15-20lbs above the division limit is punch restintance. This is why guys like Clottey, Margarito Rios and others can withstand the punishment they do. Chavez rehydrahates 25lbs above and has a damn good chin.

Also he has a style that gives Martinez problems. Say what you want but Margarito smother Martinez and while that was a long time ago....the first Williams fight showed he hasn't improved as he enventually got tired and lost rounds by being outworked.

Martinez needs space to take advantage of his power and speed and while I
            not saying Chavez wins, given his style workrate and chin....he could pull off the upset.

Comment

curious to see if this ends up in a purse bid which seems likely based on arum's opinion of this fight..

dibella should keep martinez active as he isnt a spring chicken in regards to age...once his reflexes dimish look for fighters to start calling him out

Comment

Just one small thing Di Bella is missing here MACKLIN get past him first before talking about Chavez.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  I think this is all because Chavez Sr got involved. Martinez touched a nerve talking down to his son like that. Chavez is a man of honor and cojones. He can't let his son be dogged in the media. I think he is the one pushing for the fight.
                  I couldn't agree more and was actually thinking the same thing before I read your statement. It really does seem to me like Sr. is very angry and embarrassed of what Martinez and the media have been saying about his son... Man, if it were him, he would've taken that fight a long, long time ago!

Comment

You know what's going to kill this fight? Martinez asking JCC Jr to go through VADA testing.

That will be the excuse that Arum/JCC Jr needs to get out of the fight. And, I'm not sure if the WBC can strip them if that's the case either.

Comment

Arum aint honest with the media but he is very honest with himself in terms of the limits of his fighters and it shows, the better chance a non TR fighter has of beating his guy, the more hoops he makes them jump through and the more excuses he has on why the fight cant happen.

Martinez whoop the **** out of Chavez easily, Chavez has no defense, is a poor version of Pavlik. Arum knows it and will act accordingly. Expect Chavez vs Magarito instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X