Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's a good jacket or outfit to wear when jogging out in colder season?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's a good jacket or outfit to wear when jogging out in colder season?

I live in Chicago. I need to keep running outside even when it's cold. Anyone here who jogs or runs outside? What do you all wear? I'm sure it's light but protects you from the cold, that's why there is a magazine called Runner's Magazine. Where do you all buy them? Should I only consider upper body wear and not lower body (the pant) since upper body is the part that get cold?

http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?cp=U...79/pgid-258781

I found one of these at a ross's dress for less store for 30$ I used it all winter last year.

Just remember how ever warm you are before you start running your going to be 10- 15 degrees warmer when your running.

Comment

I notice there is more upper body wear for sale than lower body, is lower body not all that important to warm up, just upper body?

An article a few years ago (2007) from Runner's World about Running Jackets Reviewed:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...1457-0,00.html

I know it's old so these jackets must be either discontinued or updated to the latest for 2009. Anyone here tried any of these which is best for Chicago-like weather?

Comment

Legs are important but not as much. its more so a matter of having them covered and not so much keeping them warm. if its below 50 i allways wear long pants but its mainly just thin wind breaker material untill the dead of winter then i might wear some sweats.

Comment

hmmmm.... ehy this things from nike are so expensive.... thats weird

Comment

Originally posted by thealfa View Post
            I live in Chicago. I need to keep running outside even when it's cold. Anyone here who jogs or runs outside? What do you all wear? I'm sure it's light but protects you from the cold, that's why there is a magazine called Runner's Magazine. Where do you all buy them? Should I only consider upper body wear and not lower body (the pant) since upper body is the part that get cold?
            Nothing beats the roadwork.I wear some CCC waterproof kit I was using for playing rugby,it's a top and bottom.Inside I just wear my t-shirt and long john then gloves and a woolen hat.But then London isnt as cold as Chicago.

Comment

Working...
            X