No announcement yet.

"The Cold War"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Cold War"

I just want to get some feedback on this cold war thing. It seems that it really started with HBO dropping gbp after the floyd/showtime deal. If HBO would open that door again, would that put an end to this thing, mayweather/pac aside? Promoters just want to put fights together that make money, wouldn't gbp put shows on HBO? And Top rank on showtime? Fighters might need to stop signing with tv networks, seems like a big part of the problem. I don't know what those contracts look like, can they get around the networks as a Deciding factor? A seperate ppv?

GBP left cause HBO chose Martinez vs Chavez Jr over Canelo vs Lopez. I mean, who wouldn't?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Cold War is hbo being angry with gbp that may weather signed with showtime.

Gbp are willing to do fights on hbo but hbo refuse to do business with them.

Comment

Hbo gott butt hurt but I hope they come around SOON, we are missing alot of great fights.

Comment

HBO is mad because they spent alot of effort promoting floyd, canelo, broner,, and then GBP took them to Showtime, so HBO was rightfully upset, when you spend years building guys, only to be taken away once they have become stars

Comment

Just wait for Money Mayweather's retirement and all of this cold war blues will disappear,
            mark my word. Right now, GBP/SHO are putting all their eggs in the Mayweather basket.
            They invested gargantuan amounts of money on this just one fighter. Subscribers don't even
            benefit. Fights are slow to come. Little stars like Mattysse, Ortiz, Berto, Khan and others are forced to go on long layoffs. Why because they're focused on just one guy. Who wouldn't want to see another Berto fight on non-PPV, for example?

Just imagine if these guys like Matthysse are with TR? HBO would have been showing weekly fights.

Comment

The "Cold War" basically started due to Mayweather-Pacquiao and it was brewing for years before with the main boxing promotional companies; Top Rank and Golden Boy. The HBO/Showtime thing merely escalated due to the promotional feuds.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                Just wait for Money Mayweather's retirement and all of this cold war blues will disappear,
                mark my word. Right now, GBP/SHO are putting all their eggs in the Mayweather basket.
                They invested gargantuan amounts of money on this just one fighter. Subscribers don't even
                benefit. Fights are slow to come. Little stars like Mattysse, Ortiz, Berto, Khan and others are forced to go on long layoffs. Why because they're focused on just one guy. Who wouldn't want to see another Berto fight on non-PPV, for example?

Just imagine if these guys like Matthysse are with TR? HBO would have been showing weekly fights.
                Golden Boy is set up my man, Showtime is gaining ground quickly. GBP has alot more going for them than mayweather. Showtime is paying floyd to promote their boxing program, not a bad move if they onky break even. These guys only want to box 2 or 3 times per year now adays. More fights means more cards. Golden boy is winning the best weight divisions as far as roster goes. It would be wise for bob and hbo to come around.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  The "Cold War" basically started due to Mayweather-Pacquiao and it was brewing for years before with the main boxing promotional companies; Top Rank and Golden Boy. The HBO/Showtime thing merely escalated due to the promotional feuds.

HBO made an announcement that they would not do business with gbp. There seems to be major beefs between top arum/mayweather and hbo/golden boy. Also, mayweather/hbo. Take mayweather out of the equasion and you hbo needing to open the door to gbp.

Comment

Originally posted by lakematter75 View Post
                    HBO made an announcement that they would not do business with gbp. There seems to be major beefs between top arum/mayweather and hbo/golden boy. Also, mayweather/hbo. Take mayweather out of the equasion and you hbo needing to open the door to gbp.
                    That's what I'm waiting for

Comment

Working...
                    X