Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many fighters has NSAC caught "BEFORE" the fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
    You are correct...and then at the end of 2009...Freddie Roach did an interview with Dave Tyler from dog house boxing.com

DT - Fred, I have a graduate's degree in Biochemistry and 30 years experience in developing blood chemistry tests.......I'll leave it alone, let's move forward.

FR - No wait, you can't tell me that there is a test that can detect HGH or growth hormones.

DT - Fred, I'm not here to make you mad.

FR - I'm not mad, I'm telling you that you are wrong if you think there is a test for HGH.

DT - Ok Fred, so you are saying that HGH cannot be detected by a blood test?

FR - Absolutely, 100%, NO! Saliva, blood, or urine.

DT - Freddie, please let's move on. Do you believe that this controversy is a result of the spectacular victory over Miguel Cotto where Manny looked super human?

FR - Mayweather is just scared.

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Tyler123009.htm

How did Roach become such a guru in the drug testing dept?

I wonder if he's educating Manny on what can and can't be detected.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Roach knows of two of his fighters who tested positive for PEDs
      DALLAS – Freddie Roach, the trainer of Manny Pacquiao, said he has worked with two fighters who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs but takes precautions so it won’t creep into his gym in Hollywood, Calif.

Roach said one of his former fighters, Justin Fortune, was known to have used PEDs and James Toney twice tested positive for steroids, once when he was working with Roach.

“I won’t say I didn’t know,” said Roach, referring to Toney. “I never asked him, though. I never had a conversation. I could see his body structure had signs, his traps and stuff. He was either lifting a lot of weight or he was on (something).

“… I think I had one other fighter on steroids also, Justin Fortune. … I know he’d been there before.”

Roach repeated for the umpteenth time, however, that Pacquiao is clean. He said he talked to Pacquiao after unsubstantiated allegations by Floyd Mayweather Sr. and others became public.

“I said, ‘Manny, do you know what steroids are?’” Roach said. “He knows so little about steroids. He knows less than I do.”

Comment

Roach knows of two of his fighters who tested positive for PEDs
        DALLAS – Freddie Roach, the trainer of Manny Pacquiao, said he has worked with two fighters who tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs but takes precautions so it won’t creep into his gym in Hollywood, Calif.

Roach said one of his former fighters, Justin Fortune, was known to have used PEDs and James Toney twice tested positive for steroids, once when he was working with Roach.

“I won’t say I didn’t know,” said Roach, referring to Toney. “I never asked him, though. I never had a conversation. I could see his body structure had signs, his traps and stuff. He was either lifting a lot of weight or he was on (something).

“… I think I had one other fighter on steroids also, Justin Fortune. … I know he’d been there before.”

Roach repeated for the umpteenth time, however, that Pacquiao is clean. He said he talked to Pacquiao after unsubstantiated allegations by Floyd Mayweather Sr. and others became public.

“I said, ‘Manny, do you know what steroids are?’” Roach said. “He knows so little about steroids. He knows less than I do.”

Geee Freddie, Manny knows less than you? Thanks for narrowing it down.

Based on what I've seen from Freddie, after he retires from coaching, he can get a job with USADA themselves.

I think 90% of the world's population knows less about PED's than Freddie. That's not really saying anything; I'm back to square one trying to figure out what Manny really knows.

Comment

Roach doesn't have to educate Manny in anything as long as Nevada test 6:1 T/E ratio.

You could actually juice up as long your T/E ratio doesn't reach 6:1. And, beat the test.

Normal T/E ratio depending on gender, race would be anywhere from 1-1.5 to 1 T/E ratio. WADA, VADA, CSAC, NYSAC have 4:1 T/E ratio. So to fail Nevada testing you have to fail a drug test and an IQ test.

Comment

So its a conspiracy to let fighters cheat to get revenue for the upcoming bout & they would prefer to catch them after all the money has rolled in?

Hmm no wonder Mayweather wants fighters tested during training camps.
            would you be surprised??honestly after all the **** we hear would you actually be surprised?

Comment

This is an honest question.

I've heard of NSAC catching fighters for having banned substances in their system after they've already had their way with their opponents. Of course the KO/TKO/UD victory will be changed to No Contest. But what good is that really doing?

What's the point of taking punishment from someone who has illegal substances in their blood, only for the fight to be overturned after the damage has already been done?

There's a whole list of fighters in MMA and boxing that weren't caught until "after" the fight. This is a problem

I can understand why a fighter would want to make sure a fighter is 100% clean before they lace em up. NSAC's sole purpose is to protect the fighters. You can't protect someone by catching the crook after the crime's already taken place.

I'm not sure how many people USADA has caught "before" the fight, but I can't help but to think that when athletes know testing will be full force, I would think they stop taking the illegal supplements in fear of getting caught. Maybe this explains why USADA doesn't have the greatest track record of catching athletes before the fight, because the athletes aren't doing anything illegal because they know they can't beat the system. That's my opinion of course.

Also, due to the expensive cost of year round OSDT, isn't it hard to implement this testing for the whole year?

In my opinion, even though Mayweather's version of OSDT isn't the real OSDT (according to Victor Conte), it's still better than the old fashion "catch a fighter after the fight" NSAC method.
              well they cant catch them before the fight because it would get called off and cost everyone money. i know your concerned for there safety but there boxers not hair dressers. i guarantee if u went up to any one of these guys an hour before the fight and said., would you rather lose your big payday or fight the guy with a banned substance in his system they would say fight.

Comment

To be fair. Even with WADA lets say Cotto fails one of the test in training camp. It is very likely they will keep it quiet until after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  well they cant catch them before the fight because it would get called off and cost everyone money. i know your concerned for there safety but there boxers not hair dressers. i guarantee if u went up to any one of these guys an hour before the fight and said., would you rather lose your big payday or fight the guy with a banned substance in his system they would say fight.
                  So what's your solution to the problem?

If you're going to let a PED fighter fight regardless, why even test him in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                    To be fair. Even with WADA lets say Cotto fails one of the test in training camp. It is very likely they will keep it quiet until after the fight.
                    Whose "they"?

Mayweather, WADA, who?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggenius27 View Post
                      geee freddie, manny knows less than you? Thanks for narrowing it down.

Based on what i've seen from freddie, after he retires from coaching, he can get a job with usada themselves.

I think 90% of the world's population knows less about ped's than freddie. That's not really saying anything; i'm back to square one trying to figure out what manny really knows.
                      hes dirty bro, and its really evident....

Hes a tax evading, fugitive hiding cheat.....

Expect more to come out about pacquiao very soon.....

Hes about to be sacrificed....

Comment

Working...
                      X