Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best badguy in video game history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know it's actually King Koopa/Bowser.

How does a demon turtle, who looks like Blastoise green brother, keep coming with stratagems to kidnap a plumbers princess for 27 years. Either Mario just sucks that badly, Princess Peach is a whore and let's her self get kidnapped, or the choice i'm going for; Bowser is just that much of a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      We all know it's actually King Koopa/Bowser.

How does a demon turtle, who looks like Blastoise green brother, keep coming with stratagems to kidnap a plumbers princess for 27 years. Either Mario just sucks that badly, Princess Peach is a whore and let's her self get kidnapped, or the choice i'm going for; Bowser is just that much of a genius.

Some good picks here. I also liked Psycho Mantis. Awesome boss! I thought that Atlas/Fontaine was an amazing nemesis but a crappy boss. Just how it goes I guess.

It's interesting that gaming has started to catch up with other forms of storytelling as makers have realised that a compelling nemesis is far more interesting than an intrepid hero. Look at the Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum, a convincing and brilliant villain against whom to fight.

The one thing that Skyrim lacked was a convincing nemesis. Alduin was just another dragon. At no point did I ever really fear or hate him. Compare that to Sepiroth or Andrew Ryan and you'll see a much more developed nemesis character.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post

Some good picks here. I also liked Psycho Mantis. Awesome boss! I thought that Atlas/Fontaine was an amazing nemesis but a crappy boss. Just how it goes I guess.

It's interesting that gaming has started to catch up with other forms of storytelling as makers have realised that a compelling nemesis is far more interesting than an intrepid hero. Look at the Joker in Batman Arkham Asylum, a convincing and brilliant villain against whom to fight.

The one thing that Skyrim lacked was a convincing nemesis. Alduin was just another dragon. At no point did I ever really fear or hate him. Compare that to Sepiroth or Andrew Ryan and you'll see a much more developed nemesis character.
        Yes! metal gear bosses is what i was going to say, my other favourite is volgin, that beating he put on snake was hardcore

Comment

Pyramid Head

Comment

It's between Kefka, Sephiroth and Bowser for me. Also, Ganon and GLaDos are up there.

Comment

Sephiroth is completely overrated.

Saren is an amazing villain. It's a shame Mass Effect never had another villain that came close to him. Ares was a great one game villain in God of War.

Comment

Handsome Jack is the hero!

Comment

Bowser. . . I wanted to rescue the princess so bad. And it was such a great feeling of relief when I finally rescued her.

Comment

Sephiroth??????

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Sephiroth is completely overrated.

Saren is an amazing villain. It's a shame Mass Effect never had another villain that came close to him. Ares was a great one game villain in God of War.
                      Saren was good. He ended up subordinate to a greater evil rather like Darth Vader but he never really gave the impression of having his own agenda. The Illusive Man wasn't bad but he really ended up like a ***** at the end of ME3.

Also Pyramid Head gets a thumbs up from me. Not because of his character but of what he represents in the SH universe.

You know who was good? Officer Tenpenny in GTA San Andreas. I hated that guy in the game. And that's a sign of a good villain. You don't want to beat him so you can beat the game. You want to beat him because it's the right and just thing to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X