Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Ricky Hatton's Decision Should Be Respected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: Ricky Hatton's Decision Should Be Respected

Ricky Hatton has ruled out taking on Paulie Malignaggi unless he can prove himself in November's comeback fight. WBA welterweight champion Malignaggi, who lost to the Manchester-based boxer in 2008, is interested in a rematch. Hatton confirmed on Friday that he would be coming out of retirement for a welterweight fight against an as yet unnamed opponent at the Manchester Arena on November 24th.

[Click Here To Read More]

yeah i dont understand why people are so bothered with his comeback. he only loss twice and that was to the best fighters in the world at that point. so he got knocked out in those fights. there alot of former champions who have been brutally KO'd and they still manage to still have a good career. I say if he is able then why not.

Comment

reserving judgement

i totally agree. hatton's comeback could turn out to be a good thing both for himself and and his promotional company. suffering two losses from the best p4p fighters might be the spark hatton needs to turn his boxing career over in epic proportions. "0" don't mean nothing, it takes a great fighter to stand up and push on after taking so much punishment physically as well as mentally. do i need to mention who these great fighters are?

Comment

Malignaggi did a fine job as a commentator. They should use him more often, as he is well spoken and more knowledgeable than most of those other lames.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan4life View Post
          yeah i dont understand why people are so bothered with his comeback. he only loss twice and that was to the best fighters in the world at that point. so he got knocked out in those fights. there alot of former champions who have been brutally KO'd and they still manage to still have a good career. I say if he is able then why not.
          Have you watched the Luis Collazo fight? Should've been his first loss, he was robbed.

Comment

Paulie wants a money fight

And Hatton wants an easy opponent who cannot hurt him in Paulie no punch the dancing queen.

Comment

always liked malignaggi, he gets a lot of stick but is skilled as hell and impressive as a comentator as mentioned above. and he's had a couple of dodgy decisions from what i remember. he's done amazing well without a punch. if there's a rematch hopefully he'll get a haircut before the fight this time instead of midway through....and leave the superhero outfits at home.

Comment

Paulie is not a champion

Paulie is not championship caliber material. Hatton is also lacking in talent but a huge draw who can earn some big bucks. make the fight. Paulie cannot hurt hatton.

Comment

I hate the misconception that Paulie cant punch,yes he can he is not a big puncher but he does hurt you,he has hand problems that limit his power more then anything else.

Comment

Working...
                  X