No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's best option

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    His best option is fight Bradley at 140 if he beats Alexander.
    Exactly!!! A fight with Mosley or Berto is a travesty.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
      It'll be the first 50-50 fight he's been involved in since Marquez II. The boxing community want to see Pacquiao tested, and no one short of Mayweather and Martinez is capable of that right now.

Pacquiao can beat Martinez at 154lbs. Plus he's a champion at junior middle now, so Martinez has every right to demand a fight with him if he can cut down to 154lbs.
      good post

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
        Exactly!!! A fight with Mosley or Berto is a travesty.
        take the blue part of your sig, only reason pac stans bring it up now, is cuz floyd stans use to throw it around in every freaking post.

Remember when the negotiations were going on the 1st time when pac/may were gonna fight, floyd stans were saying floyd should bet 60/40 cuz his numbers, floyd is biggest draw in boxing just look at his numbers, and etc.

but leave that black part up,

Comment

It'll be the first 50-50 fight he's been involved in since Marquez II. The boxing community want to see Pacquiao tested, and no one short of Mayweather and Martinez is capable of that right now.

Pacquiao is capable of beating Martinez at 154lbs. Plus he's a champion at junior middle now, so Martinez has every right to demand a fight with him if he can cut down to 154lbs.
          It is not a 50/50 fight bro, Martinez whoops that ass...

Pac is not capable in beating Martinez at 154+.... Just not...

He might have a title but that doesn't mean Pac is the champ really, lets not forget how he got that title and what he weighed in for that fight. Yes technically he is a 8 division champ and got a JMW title but everybody should know the deal about that title.

It is clear that Pac is a JWW fighting at a WW that got a BS title at JMW that he didn't deserve. Pac more than likely will give up that title anyways and stay at WW. And, since clearly he can't weigh in more than 147 fight at WW and below is his best option.

Nobody is saying that Martinez doesn't have a right to demand a fight with Pac. Why throw that out there I don't know. However, fighting a fight that you have a slim to no chance of winning can not be the best option for you. Is the best options for the fans, Pac fans to be proud, and Pac critics. But, is not the best option for Pac. Is just not.

Comment

It's Mayweather or bust. I bet they make Bradley come to 147 even though Pac is really a lightweight

Comment

Pacquiao can beat Martinez at 154lbs. Plus he's a champion at junior middle now, so Martinez has every right to demand a fight with him if he can cut down to 154lbs.
              Not saying they would win but I feel Bradley and Alexander would test Manny and put better fights than all of his opponents since Marquez.

Comment

Mayweather...

Comment

martinez would weigh 170+ in the ring and pac would be around 148 pounds. that's stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    It's Mayweather or bust. I bet they make Bradley come to 147 even though Pac is really a lightweight
                    i dont wanna see pac/bradley

but IMHO bradley wouldnt mind coming up to WW to fight pac, think about it for a min.

Its the biggest pay day of bradleys carrer, Bradley could weigh in anywhere from 141-147 so he doesnt have to dehydrate his bodyas much as he would if the fight was at 140. I bet at fight nights he weighs around 150 give or take a lb, so he would gladly take the fight at 147

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      It is not a 50/50 fight bro, Martinez whoops that ass...

Pac is not capable in beating Martinez at 154+.... Just not...

He might have a title but that doesn't mean Pac is the champ really, lets not forget how he got that title and what he weighed in for that fight. Yes technically he is a 8 division champ and got a JMW title but everybody should know the deal about that title.

It is clear that Pac is a JWW fighting at a WW that got a BS title at JMW that he didn't deserve. Pac more than likely will give up that title anyways and stay at WW. And, since clearly he can't weigh in more than 147 fight at WW and below is his best option.

Nobody is saying that Martinez doesn't have a right to demand a fight with Pac. Why throw that out there I don't know. However, fighting a fight that you have a slim to no chance of winning can not be the best option for you. Is the best options for the fans, Pac fans to be proud, and Pac critics. But, is not the best option for Pac. Is just not.
                      Are you arguing that it's not the best fight for Pacquiao or that it's not the easiest fight for Pacquiao? He stands to gain more from fighting Martinez than the other three/four combined.

We obviously have a difference in opinion on Pacquiao's abilities. In my mind he stands a perfectly reasonable chance of beating Martinez, which I'm sure the betting odds would reflect were it signed. It's not guaranteed, like four of his last six fights have been, but that's what we want, right? Let's see Pacquiao really earn that 8th weight division.

Do you seriously think Bradley/Alexander (who Pacquiao would likely drag up to 147lbs) stand a snowball's chance in hell of surviving past round five, let alone winning?
                      Last edited by S.G.; 11-24-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X