Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather net worth 170 mill? Will He be broke soon after boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
    I read the espn article about him and it said that he has to pay everyone around him to hang out with him and laugh at his jokes. It was pretty sad actually

And Floyd spends $200,000 on purses so yea, hes gonna end up broke
    Yeah he should be snorting coke off of prostitutes instead of giving money to friends when your alias is "Money" and the highest paid athlete

Comment

If you spend more than you make you go broke. If he backs off his gambling and spending and invests most of his money in some good high dividend paying stocks he could live like a king for the rest of his life. If he keeps spending and gambling like a mad man and does not invest or save his money after the huge money from his fights stops coming in he will go broke. Tyson, Holyfield, Hearns and Mosley are proof that no matter how much money you make you can spend it all and end up broke.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST KING View Post
        Ok it shows he's earned 333 million in fight earnings since 2006(Baldomir)

So he has spent over 160 million dollars in the last 7 years??

I'm not sure how accurate these sources are but if it's true, damn! Folyd dont have much longer to use the name "money"
        Is the 333 million before or after taxes? Before or after paying his trainer, manager, etc...?

Comment

Now that he's a personality, I think he'll be ok once he's done boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
            hes not a 21 yr old tyson with 300 million so no.

you guys need to understand floyds 38 and a very, very smart businessman.

if you dont think he is, front us at least 5 million in your bank account.
            Honestly this sort of **** is so stupid. Floyd is a dumbass (just listen to how he conducts his self in interview - he's astonishingly inarticulate). Having a lot of money has nothing to do with being a smart businessman when you are an athlete.

Comment

I'm not sure how accurate these sources are but if it's true, damn! Folyd dont have much longer to use the name "money"

Have you ever heard of Federal Taxes, State Taxes, SS, that would be 40 to 50% besides what he pays everyone else, so if he really has 170 million he's doing good.

Comment

People rejoicing at the thought of another man's downfall is quite frankly, sad.

Comment

Figure of $170 mil sounds right.

Taxes my man, taxes. An ESPN reporter who shadowed his every move recently said Floyd flashed him his checking account, which had $123,000,000 in it. Throw in the mansions in Vegas, Miami and LA, a few prime commerical properties and maybe some shares and 170 mil sounds very accurate.

Throw in another $50 mil NET after taxes for Canelo (assuming he earns a gross total of around $80 mil), and conservatively say $20 mil net after taxes for the next 4 fights and he would end up with $300,000,000.

He won't go broke with all of that. Tyson may have earned that in gross terms, but he never physically had it. He got robbed of most of it before he saw it.

$300 mil earns enough interest, rental return and dividends to see Floyd keep up his spending habits rather easily.

Comment

He may be a smart business man to an extent! But seems to be careless at times and in areas!, like paying your nba playoff seats . Seems like there was another issue a few years back about a charity orginazation. But i could be mistaking that!

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
                      Figure of $170 mil sounds right.

Taxes my man, taxes. An ESPN reporter who shadowed his every move recently said Floyd flashed him his checking account, which had $123,000,000 in it. Throw in the mansions in Vegas, Miami and LA, a few prime commerical properties and maybe some shares and 170 mil sounds very accurate.

Throw in another $50 mil NET after taxes for Canelo (assuming he earns a gross total of around $80 mil), and conservatively say $20 mil net after taxes for the next 4 fights and he would end up with $300,000,000.

He won't go broke with all of that. Tyson may have earned that in gross terms, but he never physically had it. He got robbed of most of it before he saw it.

$300 mil earns enough interest, rental return and dividends to see Floyd keep up his spending habits rather easily.
                      The problem with that is he has that $123 million (supposedly) in a banking account which collects zero interest and is only FDIC insured for up to $250k. Some people believe in having a significant amount of there money liquid but its literally sitting there doing nothing.

And theres no way in hell hes ending up with anywhere near $80 million from the Canelo fight. People always forget that hes the one who payed for all the advertising and marketing which was over $50 million for that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X