Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

be honest: did you become aware of the country 'philippines' because of pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
    From playing MMOs I noticed there were these characters running around who barely spoke English, generally werent that good at the games, and mostly had _br and _ph after their names. So I asked wtf is this br and ph stuff? Basically these kids drop out of school to play MMOs all day in netcafes and sell the gold/items online. That's how I found out about BRs and pinoy.
    You could have just gone to school or looked at an atl...never mind.

Comment

Obviously I've heard about the Philipines before I watched PAC but knew nothing about their culture before I started watching PAC. It was when I was 14.

And people learned about the Philipines in school? Lol I bet most non Filipinos couldn't even find the country on a map or spell the name correctly

Comment

Originally posted by - Riceteous - View Post
        or youre probably somewhat familiar with philippines, heard of it before pacquiao even became famous?
        lol wtf???? is this real?

anyone with post primary school education should know most of the nations on this earth, including the ****ing philipines

Comment

Americans should at least know it exists. They covered the Philippines during the Spanish American War in high school history...

Comment

Didnt know Kirk was filipino. Always thought he was Hispanic..

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              lol wtf???? is this real?

anyone with post primary school education should know most of the nations on this earth, including the ****ing philipines
              There's a big difference between knowing of a country and knowing the country.

Comment

No, I only knew of it when Tim Tebow became a star at Florida.

Comment

I knew of mail order brides from there.

Comment

I knew from school and from Luisito Espinoza

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      There's a big difference between knowing of a country and knowing the country.
                      That wasn't the question though....

Comment

Working...
                      X