No announcement yet.

Toys R' Us video game adverts from 1996

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toys R' Us video game adverts from 1996

Saw this on reddit today, thought I'd share it with the gamers on boxingscene for a trip down memory lane.

http://imgur.com/a/WeRBe

****, I feel old now, but damn if those weren't some exciting times with so many options to choose from. Nowadays it's basically just Sony and Microsoft, because nobody even gives a half of a **** about what Nintendo does anymore.

This ad also highlights that the "good ole days" of gaming (which I'm obviously quite fond of) still had it's fair share of problems. I mean : $69.99 for 'Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3?'

WTF?

Look at the prices on some of these damn games. Obviously most of them were fantastic for their time ('Super Mario 64', amirite!?) but compare some of these games with what we have on the market for similar prices (even cheaper) and then look at what you actually get for your money and it quickly becomes apparent where the real value is.

Good sh.it. I remember the PlayStation, N64, Sega saturn war. I foolishly fell for the Atari jaguar with its "64 bits"

Comment

Never bought a Jaguar. Never knew anybody that bought one, either.

I've hated Atari the majority of my life. I'm not old enough to have partaken in either the 2600 or 5200, but I came to know them quite well once they opted out of the console wars and focused on exclusively publishing games.

It seems like half of the **** games I've played in my life have been published by those ****s.

Comment

interesting Jaguar tid bit. After Atari left the console market , Imagin Systems, a manufacturer of dental imaging equipment, purchased the molding plates for several of the Jaguar's casings, with minor modification, they were the right size for housing their HotRod camera. Even the game cartridge molds were reused to create an optional memory expansion card.

Comment

anyone else remember the Neo-Geo CD and Panasonic 3D0

Comment

OMFG the little Tamagotchi things, I remember those!

Comment

In my day we had multiple systems to choose from! And each one had some good games on it. The games cost twice as much as they do today and they were worth it! Of coarse we had a good president in office back in those days! He had the economy in order and was shíttin all over terrorism! The only thing those bastard republicans could throw at him was gettin a hummer from a fat J.A.P. that's what we called jewish girls back in my day. Also I used to wear an onion on my belt as that was the style at the time... snore... snore... snore...

Comment

Street Fighter Alpha and NBA Hangtime 70$?!!

Fuck that .

Comment

NBA Hangtime and Vectorman 2 were both classics on Sega. I didn't realize games were so much back then. I wasn't paying anyway, so it didn't matter.

Comment

Had the game gear and snes back then. Wasted too much time on games. I found an rmulator for android phones and I currently had ff2 and chrono trigger loaded. Ionly have time to play games whem I'm taking a crap, lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X