No announcement yet.

Video of Me Working the Heavy Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Me Working the Heavy Bag

I was a bit tired...had already worked out 1.5 hours when I shot this.

Starting to practice some new stuff...critique away.

sit down on your punches and turn the foot.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
      I was a bit tired...had already worked out 1.5 hours when I shot this.

Starting to practice some new stuff...critique away.

don't push with your punches , and also your jab , don't be lazy with it that as you know set's your other punches up

Comment

Good feedback so far...

From what I can tell, I am sitting down on my punches and turning my feet?

I do push some punches and throw a lazy jab at times...some of this is by design when I work the bag, some of it is being 1.5 hours into my workout already...but I like to throw punches at different rhythms/speeds/power. If you notice, I threw 3 different types of jabs, hard conventional jab, hard up jab, and lazy conventional jab to set up lefts usually.

Comment

Hey bud, only thing I noticed was when you go to your right, your back foot comes too far over and your front foot not enough, this causes your stance to be really narrow and if your get caught when this is the case your going to be in trouble as your balance will be off.

Alex

Comment

You guys are finding some very minor issues...so I will take this as a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
              You guys are finding some very minor issues...so I will take this as a good sign.

You'll have a bird when RayCorso comes in to pick it apart

Comment

i honestly think your good, yea there is always room for refinement, more power, speed etc, but that comes from further conditioning and strenght, it seems to me you got the fundamentals down well enough, hands up, good jab, good straight, although everything could do with more snap i see your weakest point being your legs, at times it looked like you weren't turning on them properly(carrying the link) the rest is just upping your physicality and experience in the ring

run more, skip more to take away some of that heaviness in your step and try to build up the link from your legs to your punch

Comment

Yea, conditioning is the reason why I could never compete seriously. 5'8" 205...i'd have to lose another 35lbs to really be in the shape I'd have to be before I took competing seriously. I was once 100lbs heavier than what you see so I've already dropped a lot.

But again, the legs and the limited pop here is more so because I was already 1.5 hours into my workout in my garage which was probably 85 degrees.

Comment

Where Ray Corso and Rockin at? lol

Comment

Working...
                    X