No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire's Return To Top Rank: Conflicting Statements

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire's Return To Top Rank: Conflicting Statements

WBC/WBO bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire’s return to the ring is apparently moving forward.

[Click Here To Read More]

What Donaire needs is a good Manager that can provide win win situation for Donaire.

Comment

Dont you love promoters? Fat scumbags who never boxed in their life and make cash off Boxers and dump em once they are no use anymore, and if you get on their badside they will ruin your career and make you sit on the bench until your contract is up.

Comment

So when exactly is donaires contract with Tr over?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolaz View Post
          What Donaire needs is a good Manager that can provide win win situation for Donaire.
          he has a manager who is regarded as the best in the business bar none

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
            that's the dispute at hand

when Nonito was injured TR states that the contract was on hold until he could resume his career effectively lengthening the contract out. Also, there was an option where TR could exercise it's option to tack on an additional year which they did. Lastly, from what I heard, Nonito's side claimed that Top Rank was in breach over not offering him enough fights per year as his contract states. Top Rank countered with actual offers and states that the time Donaire was injured they could not offer him a fight until he was healed

Donaire IMO has one option and that is to re-up with TR and let this all go away

Comment

Seems like donaire dont want to fight for arum still.

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Executioner View Post
                DOES NOBODY EVER READ THE PUBLISHED REPORTS IN THIS STE? NOR REMEMBERED THEM IF READ???? Are you all mentally deficient something I find hard to believe...but what's the option??

It's not my job, and I don't get paid, for explaining the facts to people too lazy or stupid to ascertain for themselves.

Let me go into the exact reports again..for the last time I hope. ...

Donaire's normal contract was UP on June 26th of this year 2011. Arum pointed out an option by Top Rank to extend the contract by ONE year, if exercised, and said it was the intention of Top Rank to claim the extension. There was ALSO the approximately 12 month extension due to 2 medically enforced suspensions caused by injury to Donaire, to be added. All of this was gone into and exposed at the time of the legal adjudication by Judge Daniel Weinstein, just over a month or so ago, who, furthermore, castigated and reprimanded GOLDEN BALLS for trying to negotiate with a fighter already under contract to another Company, in this case, Top Rank. Golden Balls was forbidden to do so.

All this LEGALLY extended Donaire's contract with Top Rank until approximately mid 2013.

The recent behind the scenes negotiations and agreements between Top Rank and Donaire, resulted in Donaire RE-SIGNING with Top Rank for another 3 year contract.

ALL this was BLOODY WELL announced in these Boxing Scene pages, only a few days ago, with pictures of (Arum I think and) Donaire smiling, satisfied and eager to get back to boxing.

The above information was and is available to EVERYBODY.

Comment

he should have sucked it up and finished his time with top rank, then moved on to golden boy. now he's just on the shelf, which is a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                    that's the dispute at hand

when Nonito was injured TR states that the contract was on hold until he could resume his career effectively lengthening the contract out. Also, there was an option where TR could exercise it's option to tack on an additional year which they did. Lastly, from what I heard, Nonito's side claimed that Top Rank was in breach over not offering him enough fights per year as his contract states. Top Rank countered with actual offers and states that the time Donaire was injured they could not offer him a fight until he was healed

Donaire IMO has one option and that is to re-up with TR and let this all go away
                    Sorry guys, just read this now, which is exactly what I've posted. I answered an earlier post. At last a poster with common sense and a retentive memory.

Comment

Working...
                    X