No announcement yet.

Mayweather Blasts on Pacquiao’s Hatton/De La Hoya Wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
    People conveniently forget how Hatton was claiming to be too big for 140 and that he will be more conformable at 147 before the Mayweather fight.

Hatton should fight at 147 imo. He blows up to too much weight in between fights it's not healthy. Just fight at 147 or retire. He looked like a skeleton @ the weigh-in of his Pacquiao fight.
    No he claimed that before the Collazo fight, but after the Collazo fight he said he now realised that he couldn't cut it at 147 and would never fight at that weight again. But he agreed to fight Floyd at Welterweight because (a) it was by far the biggest fight available to him and (b) he thought that Floyd was a small Welterweight and imagined he'd be able to bully him physically despite the weight difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      i thought he looked terrible vs Pauli TBH.
      Well almost no one but you thought that.

And the fact is that he destroyed Malignaggi, who then outboxed Juan Diaz, who had given JMM as much as he could handle for the first five rounds.

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Anyway I know boxing analysts had mayweather the big favorite but many on here had Hatton just destroying Mayweather and so on.... it was annoying.
      You shouldn't take any notice of what fanboys and haters say.

My big thing is that just because Manny beat two guys that where in worse shape than when Mayweather fought them doesn't mean Pac could beat Mayweather.
      Doesn't mean he can't win, either. Not saying I'd favour Pac to win: I wouldn't, currently; but those fights don't prove anything either way. Pac fought superbly in those fights, and to denigrate his performances because his opponents' performances were poor is just sour grapes. It isn't his fault that De La Hoya screwed up his training and it isn't his fault that Hatton ignored the game plan.

Mayweather's constant denigrating of Pac just makes him look sour and jealous and ungracious and a bad sport. Plus he keeps claiming that he should still be rated P4P #1, which is ridiculous considering he hasn't fought for two years.

2 years ago when Pac was struggling with JMM and Mayweather was P4P #1 a PBF vs Pac would have been looked at like the PBF vs Hatton fight..... a joke IMO. Now he beats to guys and its a different story?
      It's a different story because Pac has since proved that he's an exceptionally strong Jnr Welterweight, and that he has not lost any of his power or speed in moving up. He was a 130 pounder two years ago, he's a natural 140 pounder now - big difference.

He hasnt proved his self at WW
      He's proved himself at Jnr Welterweight and is about to fight the #2 rated Welterweight. If he beats Cotto he will have proved himself at Welterweight (with some question marks over the catchweight, but not huge question marks unless Cotto looks obviously weight drained).

so IMO there is NO difference between Pac and JMM like Mayweather keeps saying. over and over.
      Pac is now a natural Jnr Welterweight. He proved that against Hatton.

JMM is still a natural Super Featherweight. Even at Lightweight he was being physically dominated by naturally bigger men, and was only able to win due to his exceptional skills.

Everyone has a maximum weight at which they can fight at their best. No one can gain weight indefinitely without losing power and/or speed. Marquez's maximum peak weight is clearly 130lb. Pac's is almost certainly 140lb.
      Last edited by Dave Rado; 09-03-2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Dave Rado;6013463]
        Well almost no one but you thought that.
        I like Pauli but he has no power and the fact he wasn't going to KO Hatton had him actually fighting. Hatton cant pull the trigger any more he was damged goods and I called it. Reason I never in a million years gave him a chance vs Pac. it was an easy call. Hatton was done. Its after the fact that people can agree with me on that.

And the fact is that he destroyed Malignaggi, who then outboxed Juan Diaz, who had given JMM as much as he could handle for the first five rounds.
        Juan Diaz????? Again, I like Diaz but he's nothing great either. I already said this once but thats like a Joe Calzaghe fan thats trying to reason by bringing up Peter Manfredo. Diaz is still as they call it a BABY......

You shouldn't take any notice of what fanboys and haters say.
        I dont normally... its just funny that its silent now..... after the fact. Its like I've said for a long time. That Pac would beat Hatton to the point that people would start to believe that he could Mayweather...... People didn't think the comment was funny before Pac and Hatton fought... I wonder if people actually see what I'm talking about now... probably not... not until after the fact.

Doesn't mean he can't win, either. Not saying I'd favour Pac to win: I wouldn't, currently; but those fights don't prove anything either way. Pac fought superbly in those fights, and to denigrate his performances because his opponents' performances were poor is just sour grapes. It isn't his fault that De La Hoya screwed up his training and it isn't his fault that Hatton ignored the game plan.
        I know its not his fought. He did very well but my point is JUST because he beat those two guy doesnt mean he could beat Mayweather. Like I said Hatton was done. De La Hoya according to the Mayweather Haters was done well before Mayweather fought him so what dos that tell you about the De La Hoya who looked like a zombie when he faced Pac?? Again not Pacs fought but he hasnt proved himself at anything..... The true test is vs Cotto who IMO will beat Pac. Thats not hate cause I love watching both guys and ther my favoties but Pac is a little guy fighting a REAL WW (who cant even fight at the limit, yet its for the WW belt???) I think at worse he'll get some good shots in and make Cotto look slow at times but will ultimately lose to the bigger man that CAN handle speed (thanks to Mosley), can box (thanks to Mosley and Marg.) and can take some what of some power shots (possibly loaded gloves, thanks to Marg). In my books, nothing Pac brings to the table that Mosley and Marg didn't. No way in hell Pac is stronger than Marg or faster than and more powerful than Mosley. Maybe close in speed but not power..... anyway its mostly only my opinions.....

Mayweather's constant denigrating of Pac just makes him look sour and jealous and ungracious and a bad sport. Plus he keeps claiming that he should still be rated P4P #1, which is ridiculous considering he hasn't fought for two years.
        Well we all know that's the Mayweather that sells tickets. Its the Mayweather that wants to be the bad guy, its the Mayweather we all know and if he were to move away from it everyone would say something was wrong that hes not the same etc etc etc..... he is what he is and that's a salesmen. Its great for boxing. What he says true or not sells...... plus at this point no way coul he ever be "the good guy". Even if he found the cure of AIDS and Cancer, saved thousands of burning babies while finding alternative fuel for cars and solving all the worlds pollution problems people would still hate the man. Its a fact.

It's a different story because Pac has proved that he's an exceptionally strong Jnr Welterweight, and that he has not lost any of his power or speed in moving up. He was a 130 pounder two years ago, he's a natural 140 pounder now - big difference.
        The REAL test is vs Cotto.....

He's proved himself at Jnr Welterweight and is about to fight the #2 rated Welterweight. If he beats Cotto he will have proved himself at Welterweight (with some question marks over the catchweight, but not huge question marks unless Cotto looks obviously weight drained).
        I don't think he's proved anything until he steps in the ring with Cotto. Even if he loses but doesn't get KO'ed he's proved something..

Pac is now a natural Jnr Welterweight. He proved that against Hatton.
        The real test is VS Cotto.

JMM is still a natural Super Featherweight. Even at Lightweight he was being physically dominated by naturally bigger men, and was only able to win due to his exceptional skills.
        JMM has no business in the ring with Mayweather. I was never pro Mayweather JMM..... I've wanted Cotto or Mosley in the ring with Mayweather. Its what ever. Call it what you want but this is a warm up/tune up fight for Mayweather. He's just wanting to beat JMM worse than what Pac did, or at least I think so.

Everyone has a maximum weight at which they can fight at their best. No one can gain weight indefinitely without losing power and/or speed. Marquez's maximum peak weight is clearly 130lb. Pac's is almost certainly 140lb.
        I guess we will see vs Cotto...

I mean Roy Jones wasn't a natural HW but dammit he looked good fighting Ruiz..... was it because Roy could fight at HW or was it just that Ruiz was not the best in the HW's and made him look good? Maybe a bad example but o well.

Either way, like I said Hatton was done and Mayweathr sr just ruined what ever game plan he even thought he should have had..... The true test is vs Cotto. A live and healthy fighter..... Still arguable because of the catchweight but I don't personally think its that bad.

Comment

• simple fact is Floyd beat DLH better, Pac beat Hatton better period

Comment

Working...
          X