No announcement yet.

Footballers you've played against?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Footballers you've played against?

So I was watching the championship today and in the Huddersfield vs Walsall match a 25 yarder is wacked into the top corner by a certain Alex Nicholls....never heard of him, well I don't blame you, but I certainly have as I have played against him several times when I was at school. It would have been about 7 or 8 years ago now. One occasion I remember particularly well was the Halesowen and Stourbridge district cup final where yours truly marked Nicholls out of the match as my school team won 4-0.

So any of you slags crippled a prem player or buried one agianst a league 2 keeper?

Claudio Reyna ducked me when he was at St. Benedict's Prep.

Comment

Played against a few players in the Scottish league when they wre coming through. Steven Pearson (Derby), Lee Miller (Aberdeen), Steven Hughes (Motherwell) and Zander Diamond (Aberdeen) to name a few. John Stewart (QOS) and Bryan Prunty (Airdrie) i had kick-abouts with daily growing up, both grew up just round the corner.
      Last edited by The Gunner; 12-07-2008, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I had Sheffield trials alongside Tony Crane who went on to play for Wednesday, and I used to play evry Sunday night with ex Northern Ireland inrenational Hugh Dowd.

Comment

I used to play with James Mcfadden occasionally in School.

Comment

Originally posted by OASIS_LAD View Post
            I used to play with James Mcfadden occasionally in School.
            Hey bud, obviously a Scot.

What school were you at it looks like we may have played in the same district. I dont remember playing against Faddy but he's pish anyway and i only remember the good players.......Like Prunty.

Comment

Turnbull High in BishopBriggs. Faddy was two years above me.

Comment

I've played against Bradley Wright-Phillips twice. Once was in a 5 a side tournament which his team (Ten-em-bee sports, **** name I know) won.

The second time was 11 a side in a cup, which we won 5-4, our striker scored a hattrick (Ricky Shakes) who I believe plays for Brentford at the moment!

Also i used to play footy at school with a bloke who was a Charlton youth player but is now a youth coach at Millwall.

Comment

Used to play Rugby League opposite Nick Fozzard.

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
                    The second time was 11 a side in a cup, which we won 5-4, our striker scored a hattrick (Ricky Shakes) who I believe plays for Brentford at the moment!
                    He must be **** then.

Comment

Working...
                    X