Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Unforgivable RTD/Quit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon "it burns" Alexander was outright shameful...I mean, real shameful. In fairness he is going someway to rectify that sorry excuse he came out with

But Victoria Ortreez quit twice. Before anyone b1tches about the fact I posted, watch Arthur Abraham vs Miranda or Danny Williams vs Mark Potter or any other bad ass who didn't quit. Im not sayijg i wouodnt have quit myself, but this about Ortiz and he has quit twice and will quit again, he has this award under lock

Comment

Ortiz/Maidana cuz dude said he doesn't deserve do get hit or beat up like that. Plus he was winning at the time of the stoppage.

I can wrap my head around a guy like Dawson's situation where he wasn't in the fight and probably couldn't do anything at that point to get back in to it. saying "**** it, another day" I could at least understand the thought process.

But Ortiz's quit was inexcusable against Maidana, I really thought he had the goods too around that time, that's what made it more dissapointing. I remember his next fight was in Chicago after the Maidana quit and people were tearing into him saying some brutal things.

Comment

Ortiz is a great fighter, no doubt, he just doesn't seem to have the cojones to stick it out when the going gets tough - and, unfortunately for him, that's something that can't be taught.

Comment

Ortiz against Maidana was pretty bad. Don't want to shit on the guy for it because he's the one eating the shots and not me, but it really was a bizarre thing for a professional fighter to do.

It wasn't like Duran either, it was an "I don't deserve to be getting hit" quit. If he had done that and walked away from the sport you could look at it as a moment of revelation type thing for a young guy who realised he didn't want to do this anymore. But he didn't, and it wasn't.

Comment

Duran is the most unforgivable with his "No Mas" in such a huge fight.

Vitali way ahead on Byrd was another one

Golota/Tyson

Comment

What was the reason for Devon Alexander's 'it burns!' comments?

At the time it seemed shameful but has the 'injury' ever been backed up?

Comment

The worst one I've seen was Francisco Lorenzo vs Humberto Soto. Lorenzo was getting his ass kicked then as he went down, Soto grazed the back of his head with an illegal shot. Lorenzo exaggerated the blow and pretended he couldn't continue which resulted in Soto getting disqualified. Not an official RTD but still a quit job.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Golota/Tyson
                  He had a broken bone in his skull.

You bring up Golata-Tyson but don't mention McBride-Tyson?

Tyson nuthugger.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                    He had a broken bone in his skull.

You bring up Golata-Tyson but don't mention McBride-Tyson?

Tyson nuthugger.
                    Is that true? I always thought that was a strange ending

Comment

I voted Ortiz vs. Maidana out of the choices listed because he was winning the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X